For the MINIMALISTS - those who think less is more in chicken keeping - Please help

Pics
I'm so sad to tell you that my chicken didn't make it. It happened so fast. I'm not really sure what went wrong. This is a terrible feeling. Thanks for your help everyone.
Oh I am so sorry.
It is always very sad when you lose one.
Chickens hide their illnesses very well, so by the time us people notice there is something wrong it is very late and they go down hill fast.
I was so hoping this was just a touch of heat stroke, but there was probably something more going on with her.
:hugs

Oh I am so sorry.
It is always very sad when you lose one.
Chickens hide their illnesses very well, so by the time us people notice there is something wrong it is very late and they go down hill fast.
I was so hoping this was just a touch of heat stroke, but there was probably something more going on with her.
:hugs
This is really upsetting. I feel so badly. I should have done more for her. It escalated so fast. A while back after we first got her, I saw blood on the run floor. She had some on her face so I treated it and it seemed to heal. She acted normally after that. There didn't seem to be any problems or altercations with any of the chickens beyond a move over peck here and there. I wonder if that injury had something to do with it. Maybe she didn't heal correctly or it made her weak.

I gave her arnica in water a couple days ago and she kind of "spit up" right after that. I thought maybe she drank too much but when we researched it, I think that goes along with respiratory problems. Is this correct?

This is really upsetting. I feel so badly. I should have done more for her. It escalated so fast. A while back after we first got her, I saw blood on the run floor. She had some on her face so I treated it and it seemed to heal. She acted normally after that. There didn't seem to be any problems or altercations with any of the chickens beyond a move over peck here and there. I wonder if that injury had something to do with it. Maybe she didn't heal correctly or it made her weak.

I gave her arnica in water a couple days ago and she kind of "spit up" right after that. I thought maybe she drank too much but when we researched it, I think that goes along with respiratory problems. Is this correct?
We have all been there.
I blame myself for every single one of my Princesses who died - I know it is irrational but it is how I feel.
All I can say is remember you did what you could, this is what chickens do, and she was much loved and I am sure she knew that.
:hugs :hugs

Back
Top Bottom