For those of you don't vote....

mom'sfolly

Crowing
12 Years
Feb 15, 2007
Austin area, Texas
I'm curious about your reasons.

Everyone, keep this polite!

Voting is a choice, and one I believe in; so I'm curious about the reasons people have for not voting. Do you feel they are all corrupt? That your vote doesn't count? That you are too apathetic to care? Can't get to the polls? Just curious...

And one further point, a note from Thumper....If you can't say anything nice don't say anything at all

Yea this threads gonna last a long time
lol.png
Apparently you haven't read the terms of use, & about politically sensitive threads.

The only office we were voting on was Congress.

I couldnt choose between the lesser of 2 evils so I didnt....

Normally I am at the polls when they open. This time there just didnt seem to be a good choice.

I voted yesterday.

I missed the presidential '08 election since I was living downstate and forgot to get an absentee ballot.

Since 18, I've only missed 2 elections. Above and in 2006 when I had to work in Bay City from 7:15 and then had night classes at SVSU until 10 pm. No time!

I only vote for things I have an educated opinion on. Eney meney miney mo voting for the sake of voting is much worse than not voting at all. It waters down the votes of people that do have an informed opinion.

I do vote, but I hope you don't mind my opinion on this topic. One thing that bugs me is the current message out there is VOTE VOTE VOTE. But they never bother to say, EDUCATE yourself on the candidates first! It scares me thinking about all the well-meaning people who blindly walk into a booth to vote for someone they know very little about, have not done their homework on, and even worse, vote for that person based on those ridiculous campaign ads because they're told that "voting is the right thing to do". I think that can potentially do more damage than not voting at all. So based on that, there have been times when I have not voted if I do not feel fully informed on the candidates. I wish the message was: BE INFORMED - ONLY THEN, VOTE.

That's my two cents, but I do agree that voting is a choice and I'm sure people have various reasons for not voting.

We had to vote in high school every election year. It didn't count for anything but it was a good learning experience an was interesting to see how our opinions differed from our parents.

Sheriffs sister ran it an we used to bug her about who we should vote for.

I do vote, but I did skip one of the ballots on the form because I did not know enough about either candidate to make an informed decision and party didn't matter to me. It was a small local position anyway that imo didn't really matter who does it.

I only vote for things I have an educated opinion on. Eney meney miney mo voting for the sake of voting is much worse than not voting at all.

Okay, my question here is why don't you educate yourself on the candidates? It does not take long to find out what their platform is, a simple lookup of their websites is usually enough to form an opinion on way or another.​

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom