For those of you don't vote....

Quote:
thumbsup.gif

Quote:
I have a life..... Dont even know who they are to look them up.

I can tell you anything ya want to know about the candidates in TN an the local elections but we don't even hear whats on the state level in Ga till you read it on a ballot. Nothing I had an opinion on was up for election locally so im not spending my time online trying to see who is running for what when I know no one is from my part of the state. Candidates don't care enough about us to campaign here so I'm not voting for them.

May look at it different if we weren't treated like we were not even part of the state.

Last edited:
I always vote...as long as there is a candidate I feel like I can stand behind and support.

I refuse to compromise my ethics by choosing for the lesser evil.

I am very active in local politics, however, and do everything I can to ensure that there IS a candidate I would support. It just doesn't always work out in my favor.

Quote:
Exactly! If you think reading a page or two online is being an informed voter you are wrong. You need to dig in to there history. What people say cant be trusted to be true. But you can be sure that what they did in the past is a good indicator of what they will do in the future.

can you hear me now? :

Only thing I have to say is for all the people that don't vote, if all that were eligible to vote did from the beginning, we would have better candidates. Just food for thought.
wink.png

How do you figure this?!?

It takes money to run a campaign--any campaign. And anything above the very local level means tv time to get the word out. The only folks who can afford that are the ones who get large "contributions", so how can they possibly do what is best for the voters over what is best for the special interest who helped to get them elected if they ever want to get reelected? The ONLY way to change that is to set controls over what can be spent in a campaign and nobody WHO IS ALREADY IN OFFICE is going to vote to implement that!

The system is broken and until we fix IT, it won't matter WHO gets elected because the cycle will just keep repeating itself.

Rusty​

Quote:
Exactly! If you think reading a page or two online is being an informed voter you are wrong. You need to dig in to there history. What people say cant be trusted to be true. But you can be sure that what they did in the past is a good indicator of what they will do in the future.

You keep taking the words right out of my mouth..

It is every Americans civic duty to stay involved with our govt issues and stay up on the issues. Our form of govt is not designed to operate without the peoples involvement. We have a representative form of govt that is up to us to police and control. That is largely how we got where we are is the people not paying attention for decades while career politicians sold us down the river to whom ever had the money to pay for it. So to those who don't vote or stay tuned on the issues, thanks alot wish we could count on you to participate in our freedom.

Back
Top Bottom