For those of you don't vote....

I do vote. My husband grudgingly does. If we were not married, that man would have nothing to do with voting at all. I understand his views on it. The whole idea of having to choose the lesser of two evils is dismal at best. Many people have suggested that the two party system causes huge problems. One problem, IMO, is that the media behaves as though there are only two parties. Why are televised debates only between Democrats and Republicans? They are invite-only events and it is a big problem that the media, who is typically supposed to be neutral in their reporting, refuses to even acknowledge the existence of other candidates.

I only vote for libertarians since red and blue are both run by green! The federal reserve is a private bank controlled by the rothscilds, the rothschilds own reuters, the associated press, and time warner....if you think politics covered by the media is real, you should watch pro-wrestling, you might like it! I wont vote for anyone who has secret mettings unless its for immediate national security....(listen to the JFK speech on secrecy in government VERY enlightening)

Last edited:
Quote:
I agree there as well. They are also supposed to report non biased opinions but you sure can tell which network supports which parties. Now how is that going to result in non biased reporting? Just not gonna happen is it?

I'm going to make personal history with this comment....but I agree somewhat with Boyd.
tongue.png
I know, I know....faint and fall over!
th.gif

I've never been interested in politics in my whole life. Anytime I've ever heard anything about it my eyes glaze over and I just want people to stop talking.....no interest in it whatsoever. I have a multitude of varied interests in this life and am an avid reader and information junky, but for some reason I've always had an extreme aversion to politics.

I also get very weary of hearing that old saw, "Well, if you don't vote, you can't complain!!!" Well, goody! I don't complain about all that mess.....the same mess year after year with different names and faces. It literally makes my rearend tired to even give it thought.

I focus my attentions on things that are more real to me and everything that is decided by all the people you good, vote-making citizens put into office is just fine with me. After all...YOU voted them in and the only people I ever hear complaining about politicians are the people who voted.
roll.png

Its not exactly apathy nor is it that I think I can't change anything....its rather more that I've not seen one impressive person running for office my entire life and just voting for the lesser of two evils just isn't worth using my energy upon.

Every year its the same lines, like a broken record..."If you didn't vote, blah, blah, blah!" "Its your God given RIGHT to vote and men have fought for your right, blah, blah, blah..." Its almost like a group of friends that you go out with and they just WILL NOT rest until you have a drink too....they just cannot accept that you are just not interested. They will badger you all night to have a drink, so you must fake having alcohol to shut them up. Well, I haven't figured out a way to fake voting, so I just don't give into all the hoopla and ignore the whole shebang.

I adjust to whatever state the world may be in, roll with the punches that the politicians that YOU vote into office throw us and am supremely happy with this....live and let it go, for Heaven's sake, people!
tongue.png

I always vote but I will only vote on the ones I am really informed on. I admit I have skipped special elections that I had not taken time to research and educate myself on.

I know some people just cannot make it to vote. My sister for example did not go vote. She has to be at the commute van at 4 am. She does not get home usually till 5. Her van came late. She works more than an hour from home so slipping back to vote was not an option and she had not planned ahead.

I think alot of people just don't care. They figure both choices are bad so they stay home. I heard comments like that a lot yesterday. Was a bit depressing.

I think its great that this thread has lasted an entire 4 pages though without things getting heated enough to close the thread. We should be able to discuss these things with each other, without it ever crossing the line. YAY

Quote:
I think i love you...
tongue.png
clap.gif
woot.gif

Me too, lol I couldn't have said it better.. that's exactly how I feel. It's not that I think voting isn't important, politics and all that stuff is just something I'm not interested in.. at all.

Quote:
I agree there as well. Not all but most if us are adults. If we.can't agree, we can ateast agree to disagree and let people voice their opinions. Because when someone talks politics that is precisely what they are doing is voicing their informed opinions.

This thread just made me think of my first voting experience:

When I was 18, I worked at a "dead/head shop" (a shop full of Grateful Dead stuff along with other "things" of the sort
wink.png
). Everyone there but me were massive deadheads. I only worked there because a friend of the owner got me a job there. Well, voting day came and the manager said that we could all leave work to vote and come back. So we locked up the shop and went to vote in our own cars. I got to the polling place and didn't see any of my co-workers, but I didn't think much of it and had to wait in a long line to vote. When I got back everyone asked what took me so long. I said "Didn't you see the lines?!" and they all started laughing hysterically.

Turns out "closing the shop to vote" was really an excuse to go... ahem, do "other things" for the deadheads.
hide.gif

Back
Top Bottom