Force feeding chickens ?

Green poop usually means that they haven’t eaten anything, does she eat when you put something in her mouth? My hen didn’t want to eat but when I placed the food in her mouth she ate it😊
I tryed this she shakes it out
If I hold head up she will swallow

The small amount of egg she sucked yesterday came straight out in her poop so yeah empty poops

Do I start force feeding ? Like feels horrible but if I have to?

Her friend died last week I did feel like she was mourning her but feel like she developed habit of not eating and now I feel she hasn’t the energy or confuses the guy her for sickness
I remeber being so hungry I felt sick to eat as everything moved

I tryed this she shakes it out
If I hold head up she will swallow

The small amount of egg she sucked yesterday came straight out in her poop so yeah empty poops

Do I start force feeding ? Like feels horrible but if I have to?

Her friend died last week I did feel like she was mourning her but feel like she developed habit of not eating and now I feel she hasn’t the energy or confuses the guy her for sickness
I remeber being so hungry I felt sick to eat as everything moved
I force fed mine when she was very sick, I took some food opened her mouth and put it in the back of her mouth so she couldn’t spit it out but only small amounts so it would be safe, she made a recovery.
For how long has she been alone?
Just make sure she drinks, a chicken can go a few days without food but will die if they don’t get water😊
You could try adding electrolytes to the water and feeding her high protein food like tuna or you could mix some water into her pellets😊
It’s good that she isn’t laying with her eyes closed and still is aware, does she have mites or lice? That can suck the life out of a chicken fast😊

I force fed mine when she was very sick, I took some food opened her mouth and put it in the back of her mouth so she couldn’t spit it out but only small amounts so it would be safe, she made a recovery.
For how long has she been alone?
Just make sure she drinks, a chicken can go a few days without food but will die if they don’t get water😊
You could try adding electrolytes to the water and feeding her high protein food like tuna or you could mix some water into her pellets😊
It’s good that she isn’t laying with her eyes closed and still is aware, does she have mites or lice? That can suck the life out of a chicken fast😊
She has a
kelp fish drink
Bca amino drink of i isoleucine leucine valine glutamine

A tray of food
A tray of much
A tray of egg
Food scraps chopped small and big
Mealworms
Mario worms

Yesterday she would drink loads but not eaten in 4days
Today she seems .. weakened so I’ll start feeding her myself

Separated her from flock to prevent further injection spreading or her getting trampled bout 4day ago

She has a
kelp fish drink
Bca amino drink of i isoleucine leucine valine glutamine

A tray of food
A tray of much
A tray of egg
Food scraps chopped small and big
Mealworms
Mario worms

Yesterday she would drink loads but not eaten in 4days
Today she seems .. weakened so I’ll start feeding her myself
Good idea with starting to feed her, do you know why she is sick?
How long has she been alone?

Good idea with starting to feed her, do you know why she is sick?
How long has she been alone?
No idea I detailed the whole stage in the other thread , had 4 chickens die over the month and been a while now but now she showed illness /egg bound and crap poops yellow etc but now she is like starving herself so now I can’t even get an id from her poop to say what’s up
They was wormed and de lice , but I literally can’t see any reaso for her to be Ill ?

The 2 baby’s was weak that died and the other 2 I think they got illnesses from being lice attacked as was the ones with tatty feathers that died
But we are totally lice free and I guess worm free ,
This is puzzling I can’t explain it all the rest are healthy as hell just this one bird
It seems to get em 1 at a time

Killed a rat other day I wondered if that could have effected them

Are you in the US? You can get a necropsy done at a state lab. When I see multiple deaths I try to rule out flock-wide diseases like mareks or avian leucosis. A necropsy can tell more about what is going on.

Back
Top Bottom