Possible Mareks??

Cheyman_coldman

Chirping
Mar 24, 2020
Hi I had a chicken that got sick at the end of October she was weak, hardly moving, would let me pick her up when she wasn’t a tamed bird kept stumbling and just wouldn’t really move, would only eat if I had fed. She seemed to be suffering and not getting better so I felt it necessary to “take care” of her. Anyways about 2-3 weeks later I now have another chicken doing the same thing. They were the same age, same breed and from tractor supply haven’t started laying yet. I have videos but I can’t figure out how to add them

Attachments

• IMG_5640.jpeg
    IMG_5640.jpeg
    471.3 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_5639.jpeg
    IMG_5639.jpeg
    508.8 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_5638.jpeg
    IMG_5638.jpeg
    456.9 KB · Views: 6
Hi I had a chicken that got sick at the end of October she was weak, hardly moving, would let me pick her up when she wasn’t a tamed bird kept stumbling and just wouldn’t really move, would only eat if I had fed. She seemed to be suffering and not getting better so I felt it necessary to “take care” of her. Anyways about 2-3 weeks later I now have another chicken doing the same thing. They were the same age, same breed and from tractor supply haven’t started laying yet. I have videos but I can’t figure out how to add them

https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZPRv5V58Y/

https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZPRv5V58Y/
Okay this was the only way I could figure out how to add a video

For video, upload to YouTube and provide a link.

Sorry to hear about your pullet, how old is she?
What do you feed, including treats?

For young birds, Marek's is a possibility, if you lose this one, getting a necropsy through your state lab will give you information about what you are dealing with.

You've looked her over for lice/mites, checked for wounds/injuries right?
I would at least start her on vitamin therapy to see if they help. Give 1/4tablet B-Complex and 400IU Vitamin E daily.

For video, upload to YouTube and provide a link.

Sorry to hear about your pullet, how old is she?
What do you feed, including treats?

For young birds, Marek's is a possibility, if you lose this one, getting a necropsy through your state lab will give you information about what you are dealing with.

You've looked her over for lice/mites, checked for wounds/injuries right?
I would at least start her on vitamin therapy to see if they help. Give 1/4tablet B-Complex and 400IU Vitamin E daily.
What brand of vitamins do you recommend?

Back
Top Bottom