Forum-A-Thon

Silkies, polish, blue laced red wyandottes, black copper marans, and lavender orps! You?
:love Those are great breeds! I had to look up blue laced red Wyandottes, and they are beautiful!!!

I'm trying to get my hands on some Barred Hollands and heritage Rhode Island Reds. I'll be hatching more silkie chicks and probably getting some industry Rhode Islands and Barred Rocks. I also want to try Australorps!
I'll also be raising a lot to sell.
And hopefully some turkeys and meat chickens too!
Ugh, who invented chicken math? :rolleyes:

:love Those are great breeds! I had to look up blue laced red Wyandottes, and they are beautiful!!!

I'm trying to get my hands on some Barred Hollands and heritage Rhode Island Reds. I'll be hatching more silkie chicks and probably getting some industry Rhode Islands and Barred Rocks. I also want to try Australorps!
I'll also be raising a lot to sell.
And hopefully some turkeys and meat chickens too!
Ugh, who invented chicken math? :rolleyes:
Yeah, they are beautiful!

Those are some great breeds! How do you sell your chicks/chickens? Lol, I would get meat birds but I don't think I have enough experience yet. I love chicken math! :love:D:lau

Yeah, they are beautiful!

Those are some great breeds! How do you sell your chicks/chickens? Lol, I would get meat birds but I don't think I have enough experience yet. I love chicken math! :love:D:lau
Craigslist is a great way to advertise, and also just getting the word around. I might sign up for The Livestock Conservancy next year.
I'm nervous about meat birds, I can barely stand dead mice. But it will be a good experience, I think.
I love chicken addition! It's chicken subtraction that stinks :lol:

Craigslist is a great way to advertise, and also just getting the word around. I might sign up for The Livestock Conservancy next year.
I'm nervous about meat birds, I can barely stand dead mice. But it will be a good experience, I think.
I love chicken addition! It's chicken subtraction that stinks :lol:
Really? Is Craigslist where you make most of your sales? Who do I tell that I am selling chicks?

That is also what I am scared of, killing animals is hard.

Egg-actally! :lol:

Really? Is Craigslist where you make most of your sales? Who do I tell that I am selling chicks?

That is also what I am scared of, killing animals is hard.

Egg-actally! :lol:
Craigslist is great! Sometimes I use Facebook too (local chicken group), but selling live animals is sort of against their rules so... :oops:
Letting 4-Hers and chicken-keeping friends know works well. Word can get around pretty fast.

Yeah, sometimes I have trouble squashing insects! Hopefully I won't be the one doing the actually butchering :sick

Craigslist is great! Sometimes I use Facebook too (local chicken group), but selling live animals is sort of against their rules so... :oops:
Letting 4-Hers and chicken-keeping friends know works well. Word can get around pretty fast.

Yeah, sometimes I have trouble squashing insects! Hopefully I won't be the one doing the actually butchering :sick
Great! I will try that! I don't have many friends who keep chickens so I'll stick to Craigslist. Do you think if I made my own website people would buy from the or even know here to find the website?

I would probably be the one doing the butchering but I just tell myself it is part of life. :(

Great! I will try that! I don't have many friends who keep chickens so I'll stick to Craigslist. Do you think if I made my own website people would buy from the or even know here to find the website?

I would probably be the one doing the butchering but I just tell myself it is part of life. :(
I plan on making a website, but I haven't got that far yet. Maybe you could advertise your website on Facebook or something?

Do you hatch?

I plan on making a website, but I haven't got that far yet. Maybe you could advertise your website on Facebook or something?

Do you hatch?
Cool! I could help you! That is a great idea, thanks!

I haven't hatched yet but I have 1 1/2 incubators and have practiced hatching with non-fertile eggs! What I am saying is I don't have a rooster but am planing on hatching! Do you hatch?

Cool! I could help you! That is a great idea, thanks!

I haven't hatched yet but I have 1 1/2 incubators and have practiced hatching with non-fertile eggs! What I am saying is I don't have a rooster but am planing on hatching! Do you hatch?
Yes, I love hatching! I should warn you though...once you start you can never stop! This is where chicken multiplication comes in!

Back
Top Bottom