forum keeps locking up tablet and computer

st8yd

Chirping
5 Years
Dec 21, 2014
The forum keeps locking up my tablet (not using taptalk) and also unable able to post from computer.

Please see the information here: https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/troubleshooting-byc-problems-bugs-error-messages-other-issues

If none of those things help, please come back to this post and reply with all the information requested in that article above, especially:

1) Which browser and version are you using (eg., Firefox 3.5.9, Internet Explorer 7, etc.)
2) Have you deleted your internet cache / browser history of files and tried again?
3) Have you tried a different browser (we suggest Google Chrome or Firefox)?

I'll try but ihave had no issues with 4 other major forums. Silk browser is on the tablet and the latest ver of ie for xp on my desk top.
It ha taken three tries now just to do this message.

I'll try but ihave had no issues with 4 other major forums. Silk browser is on the tablet and the latest ver of ie for xp on my desk top.
It ha taken three tries now just to do this message.

No comment on anything Mobile. However, for the XP: download and install google chrome, when installed set the adobe flash plug-in to: Click To Play.

This is happening on my iPad as well in both safari and chrome. The page errors out and forces a reload.

Just adding to the voices that something is wrong!

Thanks for the replies, but we need WAY more information in order to attempt troubleshooting this issue.

For desktop users, please see instructions in the 2nd post above.

For mobile or tablet users, when reporting a problem, please make sure you provide each of the following:

• Specific device (iPhone 4G, Drod Razr Maxx, etc.)
  • OS version (see Finding your phone's software version)
  • Carrier (Sprint, AT&T, etc.)
  • What apps are you currently running - if you're using anything that limits ads or scripts, this is especially important.
  • A screenshot, if possible. This is pretty simple on iOS, but on Android 2.3 there's no way to do this, unfortunately. android 4 is generally holding power + volume up for 3 seconds, but may vary by device.
  • Reproduction Steps for Bug - be as specific as possible!
  • Check the quick start guide also.

Hi there,

Of course you need more info, I completely know this, and should have made a more complete post. Sorry about that. I am on an iPad air, running the latest version of iOS: 8.1.3

Chrome and safari both have issues. Screenshot is inserted. This is happening about every three minutes.

Not much to look at. I have not tried my PC or laptop. My ipad runs strictly off of wifi, no mobile network. I am not running any simultaneous apps, as Apple seems to limit this capability, and the few that can run in background I keep off to extend battery life.

Not much to go by, not as much as a crash log that I could pull from other devices, unless you know how I'd find such a thing in my iOS?

Still happening, and has happened to me throughout today only. Haven't had this problem here before, am not experiencing this problem with any other website I'm browsing. Hope this helps a bit more, but it's really not much information. Sorry about that.

Good luck!!!

(Edit: auto correcting failures)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom