forums, god, prayers, and chickens

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
I really need to use my glasses while on the computer...

I thought the above line said....

Blessed be the tie with birds... the fellowship of kindred minds.

Which I found quite hysterical...

Thinking we are all "bird brains" around here!!
tongue.png

Last edited:
Quote:
Agreed. I've never seen anyone trying to push religion upon another person, but when prayers are asked tons of people step up to offer them. I know I have. Im a Christian, but I dont try shoving a Bible down your throat. We just had this conversation recently, but it wasnt about religion, it was just about non-chicken topics in general. There is a reason this forum is labeled as Me, My chickens, My Family. This section is NOT just about chickens. My FAMILY means you can talk about your family, and a lot of folks need prayer for family members at times. Everyone usually puts Prayers Needed or some such in the subject line, so its easy to avoid the posts if you dont want to look at them. Im positive you can find hundreds of posts on chickens if you dont want religious ones. Believe me, I know BYCers, and they are crazy posters!
wink.png

*I went back and read through, and yes, I agree sometimes the posts could be worded differently. But when prayer is needed, people are generally having a rough time and dont think about it. Religion, Politics and Sexuality never seem to work in a forum, but I know BYCers work well together, so we can manage.*

Last edited:
I dont know why it matters. I look on this site for information, and to get information anywhere, you have to weed through a lot of other stuff. What is so offensive about looking to someone else for information and getting their perspective? Im on here SEEKING, that means I am on the offense. Im likely to run into thoughts I dont agree with. Who cares? Weed it out and get what you want.
It is the chicken information Im here for, but it's everybody's individual perspective that makes it friendly. I love it.
hugs.gif

I have asked for prayers and have said prayers for many that have asked and some that have not asked. But if you are not comfortable with any 'subject' line just pass it by.. I view it like television--if you don't like what's being said/shown just 'turn it off'--No need for your to even view those posts.

I hope you and everyone else enjoys BYC as much as I do--it's a great community--Dixie

Quote:
I love it - BIRDS! They are why I put that quote in. Chickens are what binds all us birdbrains together. Thank goodness for chickens.

I do not feel uncomfortable around any religion, and I have never had a religion pushed on me (ok not since I was a child). IMaybe you could take a college course about religions so that you will feel more comfortable about the subject.

I love all Religions and believe they are all one religion from One Source...

So it would be kinda weird for me to object to any of them!

Also,

I wanted to add that most BYCers view each other as close friends and family. I know I have quite a few peeps I couldn't live without. So, we feel close enough to people here to share our problems and ask for help. We are a huge funky family here, and sometimes family members don't agree. That's why there is a subject line, to show people about the topic before they go in to read it. Why does it matter? Just pass it up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom