Foster Parenting

Quote:
I know. I am having a cocktail and contemplating asking to have her placed with us anyway and hell with the consequences but it might be the jack thinking
sad.png
I do miss that boogersnot though. I often wonder if the problems she had could be solved with some self reflection and therapy. I always thought so but she was unwilling for so long. I hope she is making the right choices now a days. Of all the kids we've ever had, she is the most heartbreaking of all of them. I wish I could have done more because she is one that I would have adopted
hit.gif

Talk to her, and ask for the info on her case on Monday, it is quite possiable for a teen to whip into shape fast, given drastic enough consequences. If she asks to come back, be sure she knows that counseling and work on her part is mandatory, she may have decided things weren't so bad with you.

Quote:
What Saddina said. Maybe she just needs that second chance. I would be straight with her about your reservations over taking her back - I think it is good for kids to know exactly where they stand and why. I also think that it will be meaningful to her knowing that you have serious worries about taking her back (and what they are), but are considering it anyway (with conditions). It may help her realise/believe that she has value and is loved.

Good luck with this, Boyd. Whatever decision you make, it will be the right one.

Cheryl

Quote:
Dear lord, you made me cry~ We had something similar happen but there was NO way i would take her back. But every kid is different and people can change in 6 months~
Everything happens for a reason.....
thumbsup.gif

We have a 9 year old now, just love her to death!!! She has a doctors appt tomorrow and heard me say, oh you will pick her up tomorrow. HOLY SMOKES PANIC SET IN!!! She totally freaked out, was like i don't wanna leave and almost started crying. I was like, OMG no sweety, your coming back! It's just the doc's. I had to reassure her like 4 times she was coming back. She said, she really likes it here and doesn't want to leave.
hit.gif

AND THESE ARE THE DAYS I LOVE FOSTERING
love.gif
love.gif

All her siblings are in long term foster care.I don't want to get my hopes up but dang this could be a forever kid~

They screwed up. bad.

Not 3 girls, 1 girl, 2 boys. I couldn't take them. I can only put 2 kids of oppisite gender if they're under 5.

They hadn't fed them in 9 hours, brought them to me at 7 PM hungery with no clothes, and unfed.

I had made dinner for everyone when I got the call, so I told the worker to use the office, while I fed them.

When they told the girl they had to leave she burst out crying....

oh lord how does anyone screw up THIS bad?

Sorry thats the government for ya. So sorry for what happened, but does not surprise me. I will let you know why tomorrow because I'm not gonna get worked up now. 4 am comes real fast at this hour. Talk to you tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom