Quote:
So sorry Sadina
hugs.gif
Ding bats!
smack.gif
Poor kids! Were they siblings?

Last edited:
Quote:
I didn't keep any, they went to respite care, there is an exception to allow the 3 boys under 12 to share a room, but no reply back this AM on if we'd be considered.

Edit:

They're gone. The lady who does the placements at the agency is keeping them. She said it takes too long to get an exemption (the social worker from the state yesterday said usually under 48 hours), so i don't know.

Either way, back to scrubbing the house and getting it ready.

Last edited:
that's just crazy! Placements can be tricky! Watch them, they will try to pull the rug out from under neath you. our placement team got a D rating...NICE

speaking of placements, I got a call today for two of them. One was for an older teen boy and a younger teen girl (unrelated). Since I don't want a houseful of babies and having mostly girls I had to reluctantly turn down the boy. The girl I've actually met before, which is sort of strange, and I think she'll work out well here.

Scary thing is? I thought she was like 8 years older than she was and didn't realize she was in care till she told me. Scary what you learn in the waiting room at the agency. Tommorow at 3 I roll the dice. Wish me luck!

I got a couple new placements recently... the last a 5 year old boy who thought he could out-do me the very first night. He thought he could scream louder than me, stomp his feet harder than me, and throw a bigger temper tantrum than me. He quickly learned differently.
lau.gif
The whole situation really stressed my husband out, but I got my point across and now... I couldn't ask for a sweeter little boy. No more tantrums or screaming. Got my bluff in really fast with this one. He's a real charmer and before the first night was over... asked if he could call me "Mom".

The other child was a 10 year old bedwetter! She denies that she does this... even with the evidence of wet sheets and clothing. She insists that someone else is wetting in her clothes and on her bed. Duh... she must think I'm really stupid. She was told last night... one more wet bed... she wears a diaper! Bed was dry this morning. She's also a habitual liar. Not sure how much of that I can stand.

The little girl (age 6) that I've had for nearly 4 years hopefully will be placed in an adoptive home this week (my daughter's). Looks like I might be a grandma again real soon.
wink.png
They go to court on Wednesday to get approval from the judge. This child has been in placement way to long. The hold up? She has two brothers who are mentally challenged and they wanted to adopt them as a sibling group. That, in my opinion, was not fair to her. She has been separated from them since she was 2 and only gets an occasion visit. There aren't too many folks looking to adopt a sibling group where 2 of the children have serious handicaps. Hopefully the judge will agree and allow her to be adopted out separately.

oh lord how does anyone screw up THIS bad?

Saddina.. get used to the screw-ups. I can guarantee you that you'll see more of these. I could tell you some stories!​

Quote:
Saddina.. get used to the screw-ups. I can guarantee you that you'll see more of these. I could tell you some stories!

I am sure the judge will see it that way. She needs to be adopted! That's sounds awesome!!! How's sara doing?
I really hope they call me with another placement soon. I hate when my beds are empty! Plus i have some money saved up and i need to go shopping for someone...lol
MY 9 YEAR OLD LOVES IT HERE! sostoked , she is great and i hope we have her for awhile. I know that goes against what i feel about reunification but geeessshhhh i wuv her~

Back
Top Bottom