Foster Parenting

The other child was a 10 year old bedwetter! She denies that she does this... even with the evidence of wet sheets and clothing. She insists that someone else is wetting in her clothes and on her bed. Duh... she must think I'm really stupid. She was told last night... one more wet bed... she wears a diaper! Bed was dry this morning. She's also a habitual liar. Not sure how much of that I can stand.

For many kids bedwetting can happen during emotional upset. Here we have to have waterproof matress pads and offer goodnights for kids who may want/need them.

How's Sara doing? Well, since you asked... she's doing great! She's using her leg well now, though she's still very cautious with it. Still has some healing to do, lots of huge scabs, still some occasional draining/bleeding. But I thank God every day for great antibiotics and no infection.

Now... for your 9 year old... I understand the comment, "I hope we get to keep her for a while." Gee, can't tell you how many tears I've shed when some of our kids have left. What really breaks your heart is when DHS arrives to finally take them home and they stand in your driveway and cry cause they don't want to leave. I had one little girl that actually refused to get in the caseworker's car, because she wanted to stay with us. Sad when they'd rather stay in foster care than go home.

Quote:
Yes, WHat Saddina said. And its also a big sign that a child has been abused. Not always the case, but its a big blaring sign...espically in a 10 year old. Poor kiddo! Thanks for giving her a safe home!
hugs.gif

Edited to change my wording..

Last edited:
OK, here i go! I wet the bed until i was like 8, lol. That felt better~
Sigh......

LOL, i was sooo scared of the dark but that's cause someone terrorized me when i was little. Older cuz!!!

i feel bad for her, she has something going on with her~

Quote:
hugs.gif

Wetting the bed is sometimes done as a self-defense method. Because bad things have happend in their bed..or bedroom. Its usually a sub-conscious thing.. sometimes they dont even know why they are doing it. They only know that it keeps bad things from happening to them at night.
hit.gif
And it can be stress related also.

Last edited:
Foster agency calls again... 3 kids 2 yr old boy and 2 girls, I say no, she says why, I point out that i don't have the rooms for 3 kids...

She then ARGUES with me about how many kids I have.... uhh look I know some heavy narcotics were given during the having, but i'm pretty sure i've sobered since long enough to count to 2.

Seems they had listed on the paperwork that we have 1 son.

Quote:
And the saga continues....lol
Argues, ha i would have told her that i will let my relicencing lady know why i am NOT taking any kids,,,,ummmm YOU mr/mrs arguing placement snaperhead~ LOL
Bet she would have shut up then!! Complain to her boss~ That's just rude!! My placement ppl are very sweet even when they don't get their way!!

It's litterly the only agency in town, but we're thinking it may be worth the drive into Riverside to work with the agency that specializes in hard to place kids. (medically fraglie, developmential delays, etc.) I just couldn't fathom her telling me I only have one son...
roll.png

Back
Top Bottom