HOW DO I FIND MY STASH OF EGGS. I've looked everywhere I can on my 1/3rd acre... I know they are out there somewhere and not in my coops. SUGGESTIONS PLEASE
Look for the slightest bit of shade or shadow for privacy. And I mean the slightest bit. Size of space can be as narrow as 5-6". Seriously. So don't think about a "small pizza" sized spot as your minimum, okay?

So true, IF the eggs were all deposited during that time, and IF they weren't ever too wet, and IF there were not tiny cracks in the shells, and never too warm. And if no hen ever was brooding them for more than a couple of days.
I'm careful, so maybe both floating and candling each egg would be helpful, and washing and cooking immediately, and then into the frig.
I won't feed spoiled anything to my critters, either.
Mary

I am kinda still in shock... Probably will just give them to the cats and chickens, as both really like eggs...

But here’s the thing I was wondering about... how long have my chickens been laying here!? Only three chickens were involved in this!

View attachment 2123151
OUR BROTHER IN LAW HAS THIS ISSUE.....he floats them in water. Just fill a bowl with cold water and place your eggs in the bowl. If they sink to the bottom and lay flat on their sides, they're very fresh. If they're a few weeks old but still good to eat, they'll stand on one end at the bottom of the bowl. If they float to the surface, they're no longer fresh enough to eat.

I am kinda still in shock... Probably will just give them to the cats and chickens, as both really like eggs...

But here’s the thing I was wondering about... how long have my chickens been laying here!? Only three chickens were involved in this!

View attachment 2123151
3 of my 6 did the same thing. Not sure why, i got 3 nests for them and they only use 1! My dog loved those 38 i found after wondering why i get only 3 a day in nest!

Read this post a few days ago. Went out to check on hen who has been acting broody, collect eggs and clean poop trays (that’s what those buckets are for). Thought my husband threw them away when he did cleaning. He said he took one of our polish ladies out of the bucket, but there was nothing in it but shavings. Apparently they took turns in there. 4D7BC394-11B3-4127-AF82-32AC201ECDFB.jpeg 5F61C9F6-7ACC-4C30-A137-DA21679605D7.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom