Found a super cute coop at lowes today!

Quote:
I deffinetly will
smile.png
thanks guys!

Hi again Duckgirl. I just read about your proposed coop. I don't see why you would build two coops one for chickens and one for ducks especially when they dont really even occupy the same space in the building (ducks on the floor chickens on roosts... altho you cant get too compact without the chickens messing all over them which i know you wouldnt want). Still building two small coops will be much more labor and expense then just building one large coop.

I'm building one right now that is 8 X 12... thats 96 square feet which should house up to 24 birds at 4 square feet per bird which is a rule of thumb I have read in various places at least for chickens. These are pretty easy dimensions because it encompasses 3 full sheets of plywood on the floor space and just perhaps a bit extra on the roof. I just started with 6 treated 4x4 s in the ground and im building off that. If youd like more detailed plans Id be happy to share. I'm estimating the tital expense will run me about $400. This is using solid 3/4 inch treated plywood for the floor and a shingle roof.

Back
Top Bottom