Found burned (?) Chick

Welcome to BYC.
YEP get some vetericyn spray or gel. It looks pretty bad but chickens can survive some awful injuries. I wonder if it got caught in the crossfire of some fireworks?

Woah, that's quite a wound he's got there! Poor thing.

The Vetriycin spray or Blu-Kote might be your best bets since you can't wrap it. Colloidal silver (silver solution) is excellent for most burns - only downside is that it may increase risk of sunburn. If you apply CS, he'll have to be kept out of direct sunlight.

We had one years ago that roosted up under the car hood by the engine. We found out it was there when we were driving to the gate. It got burnt a little by the exhaust manifold. It was screaming when we got out to open the gate! She was burned just a little. Not as bad as yours.
I bet it was under someone's car and jumped out.
Burns can get infections fast. Be careful and good luck to you!
:welcome

Welcome!! That chick is lucky you found it.
I'm so glad I don't live by you because I would go looking for the culprit who hurt that chick.
I'll be praying for you and your chick.
I think it was unintentional. Maybe it was under the hood of an automobile and got burnt by the exhaust or engine. Free rangers hide in strange places after dark. May have happened when the owner left for work early in the morning while it was still dormant. We had a similar incident but not that drastic by comparison.

So I found this chick a few hours ago on our way from Grandma's house. It looks and smells like it's been burnt. I wish I knew what happened. Anyway, I have no idea how to heal it. Any help? (I put some petroleum jelly in its head, btw. And only one of its eyes open and it can eat and move fine)
Try neosporin without pain relief. Pain relief type will poison her. Keep it away from fly contact.

But we don't know for sure if was unintentional or done on purpose.
I was only stating my feelings/opinions on the subject. Sorry if I offended anyone. I didn't mean it.
This has been quite a hard week on me so I'm a miserable old witch who sometimes misdirects frustration and anger on others.

But we don't know for sure if was unintentional or done on purpose.
I was only stating my feelings/opinions on the subject. Sorry if I offended anyone. I didn't mean it.
This has been quite a hard week on me so I'm a miserable old witch who sometimes misdirects frustration and anger on others.
No worries on this end...
:)

Back
Top Bottom