Found Emu

Hope you can find its owner! Someone is probably missing him.

Emus can be fed either ratite pellets, which you may be able to find at a feed store, or if you can't find those, they can eat a 50/50 mixture of chicken layer pellets and rabbit pellets.
Thank you... I gave him some pellets that are high in protein that I have for my cows. He came right up to me to eat some, but he didn't eat as much as i thought he would... maybe he's not starving. He is running around in an area where farmers put stuff out for their cattle. He has many square miles to run around in, but seems to favor our bog.

Thank you... I gave him some pellets that are high in protein that I have for my cows. He came right up to me to eat some, but he didn't eat as much as i thought he would... maybe he's not starving. He is running around in an area where farmers put stuff out for their cattle. He has many square miles to run around in, but seems to favor our bog.
Maybe he needs a Mrs Emu (or visa versa)

Being so tame, he's definitely someone's pet. He probably got spooked and jumped the fence, or something happened to take the fencing down. That's happened to me before - luckily mine didn't wander off.

I posted this before but an ostrich showed up on my uncle's farm. My uncle got a kick out of it and came to really like the friendly bird, after a couple days he thought he better try to find the owner. The owner came and shot the bird and killed it right there in his yard and said he was sick and tired of having the bird run off all the time. My uncle was heartbroken and said he wished he hadn't called at all. On the flip side my Peahen ran off to the neighbors one day and when they called it was a wonderful day! So I guess just keep both endings in mind. :)

I think showing up on someone else’s property, pulling a gun without warning and shooting (even one’s own) ostrich is very extreme behavior and probably a violation of some property law or gun law or combo of the two. Still, you might feel a bit uneasy about pressing charges against a crazy person that wouldn’t be likely to put him away for a very, very long time.

I posted this before but an ostrich showed up on my uncle's farm. My uncle got a kick out of it and came to really like the friendly bird, after a couple days he thought he better try to find the owner. The owner came and shot the bird and killed it right there in his yard and said he was sick and tired of having the bird run off all the time. My uncle was heartbroken and said he wished he hadn't called at all. On the flip side my Peahen ran off to the neighbors one day and when they called it was a wonderful day! So I guess just keep both endings in mind. :)
:th

Ok, I am all about killing a predator but in the case of the ostrich??? It didn't DO anything to anyone. That sucks.

Back
Top Bottom