Found hen dead. Any ideas what happened?

My NR360 is a couple of degrees off and I know of one other person with the same thing. Just wanted to let you know. Last year my incubator readings were right on but not this year. I still love my NR360 though.
This is good to know. I think I'm gonna get one of those old fashioned people thermometers, the ones you dont have to push a button to tell the temp. I'll put that in there and see how accurate it looks.
Would you like for me to put this info on a chart I have going? I wanted to collect data showing how accurate the NR360 was for each member. All my data points towards accuracy, but adding this tally would make the chart more interesting. Just a though! :D

This is good to know. I think I'm gonna get one of those old fashioned people thermometers, the ones you dont have to push a button to tell the temp. I'll put that in there and see how accurate it looks.
Would you like for me to put this info on a chart I have going? I wanted to collect data showing how accurate the NR360 was for each member. All my data points towards accuracy, but adding this tally would make the chart more interesting. Just a though! :D
You're welcome to use it if it's helpful. I've got both of my NR360s running right now. Once I get back inside from locking everyone up, I'll check both of them. I know at least one is running cool.

You say you can't kill anything, well that's good because, well, it seems your chicken is already dead and you don't HAVE to kill it. If you totally botch up the hatchet job, again, no biggie, it's not surgery or some life saving procedure so no matter how badly you mess it up, it can't make the chickens condition any worse than it is! Hands on is one of the best ways to learn. You won't know how to, or ever learn how to realistically, if you never try. It's like riding a bike, I can show you all the stupid you tube videos you can stomach, but until you get on the thing yourself and learn the balance yourself, you re NOT a bike rider. It's probably a bit too stinky now but, well hell, next time you goto the butcher shop, buy some whole chickens, yes they are gutted so that fun is not here but you can practice cutting them open to access the cavity etc, or talk to a farmer and if he gets some freshly dead, ask if you can practice on them. Sounds disgusting but, at least that way, you don't have the emotional attachment to it like you do your pet and it'll be easier to actually do it without getting all upset when you do. That helps do a better job.

Aaron

You say you can't kill anything, well that's good because, well, it seems your chicken is already dead and you don't HAVE to kill it. If you totally botch up the hatchet job, again, no biggie, it's not surgery or some life saving procedure so no matter how badly you mess it up, it can't make the chickens condition any worse than it is! Hands on is one of the best ways to learn. You won't know how to, or ever learn how to realistically, if you never try. It's like riding a bike, I can show you all the stupid you tube videos you can stomach, but until you get on the thing yourself and learn the balance yourself, you re NOT a bike rider. It's probably a bit too stinky now but, well hell, next time you goto the butcher shop, buy some whole chickens, yes they are gutted so that fun is not here but you can practice cutting them open to access the cavity etc, or talk to a farmer and if he gets some freshly dead, ask if you can practice on them. Sounds disgusting but, at least that way, you don't have the emotional attachment to it like you do your pet and it'll be easier to actually do it without getting all upset when you do. That helps do a better job.

Aaron
Your absolutely right.
I do think I could euthanize an animal if it was suffering, I could work up the courage to do that, though any living, heathy thing, nope, nada, never. Haha!

There are hunters in the family though, so maybe next time if they're available, I'll be able to recruit them to help. ;)

Back
Top Bottom