Found our Rio Grande Turkey nest!

jessaree

In the Brooder
12 Years
Jan 20, 2008
Anderson, TX
After we've stalked this poor hen for the last week or so, hubby FINALLY found her nest today! Don't know what, if anything is under her, we didn't want to disturb her too much & she was a little upset that we were looking at her.

Now if we could find the other two!

Have some in the 'bator, but it's not as much fun as watching a mother with her young.

Keep your fingers crossed for us!

congrads on finding it. My sister sent me a picture on my phone, it said look what I found, it was a nest of wild turkey eggs on her property. I live in Ky, and she is in TN. But I would have loved to find that on my property.

I wish we had some wild turkey eggs
sad.png
I'm not very fond of the domestic, oversized breeds.

heck it is a 3 hr drive to her house, oh I think I need to visit LOL. But I'm sure there is some kind of law or ordiance that I would break if I went after them. Seems a shame though, me here with 2 incubators and 12 eggs in that nest she found. Oh well.

Oh I thought about it. I have been wanting to try hatching some turkey eggs. I told her she is mighty lucky. There is a bunch of wildlife all around there, but farms also. so it is a nice place to be a turkey LOL, I guess.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom