Fox Attack Droppy Eye

Worthys

In the Brooder
Apr 21, 2015
Hi everybody!

I have a small flock of 10 girls. I always let them out in the morning and lock them up at night for years. A week ago this passed Saturday we had two foxes come up our driveway when we were out and killed 3 of our girls and bit one and pulled out feathers on two others. All the girls that were attacked has one droopy eye, while the others not attacked doesn't. I thought it would go away but its still there after a week now. They all are healthy eat, drink, lay eggs, talk to you, but when I open the door none run out like "GET OUT THE WAY", they stay were they are. So I guess my question is what is going on and will this clear up on its own? I put vitamins and electrolytes in their water after the attack. The girls are all a year and a half old but one she is my old girl "Red" she is 9 years old.

Any help would be nice :)

I have seen that before. Backyard chickens are not immune to shock from attacks. Apple Cider Vinegar added to drinking water at the rate of 1tsp to a gallon will work miracles. Vitamins and electrolytes in the water can also help during stressful times.

I see fox 24/7 this time of the year. They just have trouble meeting the demands of a hungry litter sometimes. Free-ranging often is free food for area wildlife

Back
Top Bottom