Fox attack? :(

well i found some antibacterial disinfectent so ill just use that! :)
thumbsup.gif
now when cutting through feathers you have to be careful not to cut into the quick or you'll have more bleeding. Just clip enough of the feather back so you can see the wound and are able to clean it out real good.

Amiga,I just wanted to say that people sutch as yourself is the real reason why the world goes around
yesss.gif
I don't have ducks, and I haven't got my chickens yet but when I saw this thread I just had to find out what happened,and if he was alright. your advice will stay with any one who reads this; and some day I may be able to help someone in return.Thank you.
clap.gif
And of course I want to say that buddy is in my thoughts. Keep us up dated.
yippiechickie.gif

okay something is happening
this shouldnt be happening and im freaking out
he is starting to look really drowzy and not all there and when i went to clip around his neck he went all weird
what is happening is he dieing
please say no

okay something is happening
this shouldnt be happening and im freaking out
he is starting to look really drowzy and not all there and when i went to clip around his neck he went all weird
what is happening is he dieing
please say no
we have no idea since we're not with you, is he bleeding a lot? could be blood loss.
What's happening?

Last edited:
he has bled quite a bit but it shouldnt be enough to have this effect i think. he has stopped bleeding but he still looks drowsy and he is weak in the neck. he isnt hungry or thirsty. i dont know what else. he isnt hot or cold hes just warm. i dont know

he has bled quite a bit but it shouldnt be enough to have this effect i think. he has stopped bleeding but he still looks drowsy and he is weak in the neck. he isnt hungry or thirsty. i dont know what else. he isnt hot or cold hes just warm. i dont know
Shock can have this effect, don't worry so much about him not eating or drinking, keep him as comfortable as you can inside. but where it is quite. have you been able to see how bad the wounds are? Once he seems to quiet down you might try offering him a bit of water just gently dip his bill into it to see if he'll drink. if he isn't interested then don't force it.

okay phew.
well the wounds dont look terrible...i think it was just the feathers plucked out. i put some saline solution onto one of the wounds but i cannot find the other wounds which is weird... also his neck is still weak, he can barely move it...

okay phew.
well the wounds dont look terrible...i think it was just the feathers plucked out. i put some saline solution onto one of the wounds but i cannot find the other wounds which is weird... also his neck is still weak, he can barely move it...
I am not going to tell you he will pull through because I don't know and don't want to give you false hope, but since being on BYC all these years I can honestly say I have read of a lot of ducks making complete recoveries from some very serious injuries. So he has a very good chance of pulling through, now all you can do is clean his wounds, make him comfortable and wait. Let him know you are there. Hopefully he'll begin to want to eat and drink by tomorrow. Shock is very serious in itself that's why you want to keep him in a quiet place inside where he won't chill. where exactly is his wounds and do you think there is only 1?

Back
Top Bottom