Fox, coyote or chupacabra?

I think that it is too long legged for a coon, and am leaning toward a fox. Whatever it is it does look to be a bit thin haired or mangy. I'm going to have to keep an extra eye on my dogs when they are out. My dogs are all fully vaccinated, but that doesn't help for mange.

My county led the state for rabies cases last year and is on track for the lead again this year. 60% of the cases were raccoon followed by foxes.

Let me confuse the issue....how about a Fisher Cat? I've never seen one, but there are pictures on Wikipedia.

I can't believe nobody mentioned a dingo....
lau.gif

Honestly, I'd say a real skinny, mangy fox and the legs seem to be the right length. However, the tail of the fisher can also look like that - although I don't think that's it. Coyotes have the same type legs, but their tails are usually fuller.

How about your neighbor's dog? Tough to figure size, need one of those height things like they have on the door of the 7-11.

Quote:
I'm pretty sure that we don't have them in southern PA ~ I think they are in the far north US and Canada. We do have weasels, but it is too large for that.

You might get surprised one day
smile.png
there have been a couple trapped up your way this past trapping season

Back
Top Bottom