Fox or bobcat

Along the line of what @Duckstail said, I have seen raccoons in live traps before as well, and let me just say I am glad I was not the one that had to move the traps and relocate and/or kill the animals. However mean and tough and strong you think these animals are, they can be 10 times worse once trapped and scared. If this is not something you have done before it is worth partnering with someone who has, whether DOW or animal control, or a friend/neighbor. Good luck.

Wild animals can be smart, sometimes smart enough to avaid traps. I once heard a suggestion to set the trap for a few days in a way that it will not spring so the animal gets comfortable with taking food from the trap, and then once the bait has been disappearing, to fully set the trap and hopefully catch the animal the next night. I have not tried this myself, so cannot vouch for how well it works, but it sounded good to me ;) Also make sure your trap is big enough to accommodate a coyote if that's what it is, since they can be considerably larger than the other predators you suspected. Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom