Fox or bobcat

Wild animals can be smart, sometimes smart enough to avaid traps. I once heard a suggestion to set the trap for a few days in a way that it will not spring so the animal gets comfortable with taking food from the trap, and then once the bait has been disappearing, to fully set the trap and hopefully catch the animal the next night. I have not tried this myself, so cannot vouch for how well it works, but it sounded good to me ;) Also make sure your trap is big enough to accommodate a coyote if that's what it is, since they can be considerably larger than the other predators you suspected. Good luck.

Please post a video of a bobcat in a trap and you're releasing the Bobcat that would be pretty dope

That was a joke. Unless you plan on shooting the animal I wouldn't suggest you trapping a coyote or bobcat..

Ive trapped close to 10 feral cats to do a TNR. I'm 6 3 180 lb and these feral cats are stronger than me..

It is true you want to put the trap out there but the idea of them becoming friendly with it and going hang out and there is completely false.

Most people put in a trap some sort of food they think the animal like which is another incorrect method.. you want to put something that has a very strong smell so they can smell it miles away head towards it because they're curious and walk straight into the cage..

Like I said though if you're trying to get a coyote or Bobcat you better be ready to kill it cuz even moving that cage could be dangerous!!

If you do trap the animal put a blanket or something over the cage right away so it won't freak them out. I have seen feral cats go so crazy in a cage that they break a metal cage and get out! Gl

Along the line of what @Duckstail said, I have seen raccoons in live traps before as well, and let me just say I am glad I was not the one that had to move the traps and relocate and/or kill the animals. However mean and tough and strong you think these animals are, they can be 10 times worse once trapped and scared. If this is not something you have done before it is worth partnering with someone who has, whether DOW or animal control, or a friend/neighbor. Good luck.

We saw yesterday and confirmed it is a coyote. Once we trap it we will put it down. I called our wildlife and fisheries and they told us they do not assist in this type if thing so we’ll have to deal with it ourselves.

Coyotes out here are tall but, not husky -I would imagine they are lightweights. We had alot of them in town, going up and down suburban streets. , etc. I don't know why but haven't seen or heard one in a few years. Maybe the town is poisoning them or something else. We also had loitering deer where you had to dodge a few just to get down the street. They have gotten scarce as well.

I'm not seeing the numerous, usual amount of squirrels,skunks, chipmunks and opossums flattened on the roads either. Maybe they've moved on to better pickings.

We’ve noticed a decrease in raccoons and such as well. We live about 15 miles from town so we used to see them all the time until a few months ago. Not sure whats going on.

Hi! Does anyone have any suggestions on catching a fox or bobcat in a live trap? We’ve had one set up for a few days but so far nothing. Whatever it is has killed 3 of our chickens in the past 2 weeks.

A small, solar powered, electric fence has kept my wife’s “evil” dog at bay. It only took 2 or 3 good shocks for the little bastard to learn not to mess with my flock... lol!

Attachments

• C17FC3DE-58EC-4FA8-8532-7A86FBE39589.png
    C17FC3DE-58EC-4FA8-8532-7A86FBE39589.png
    489.3 KB · Views: 3

Back
Top Bottom