Freaking out? where are my chicks?

3 chicks till now by the grace of the Almighty!

also, the yellow notch is the one i am mentioning.... when i take it to the right, it opens towards a hole and the humidity starts going down... should i adjust accordingly?
IMG_0697.JPG
IMG_0695.JPG
IMG_0693.JPG
IMG_0695.JPG
IMG_0697.JPG

I remove my chicks. The humidity will go up when the chicks hatch because they give off quite a bit of moisture while they are drying out. If you do take them out of the incubator, try to do it rather quickly and when you shut it the humidity should recover shortly.

Thank you very much!! let me add some fresh pictures....

OH! can i open during the lockdown period? isnt it a rule, not to ever open the incubator during lock down?

i have the option of adjusting humidity by moving a notch to get closed or open-OPEN is if humidity is too high so can i use that??
that way the humidity will reduce.
i have set the humidity to 72 % right now.... but yes, it keeps going up due to the chicks....
That would be the way to go. I was referring to the most basic of incubators with no special controls.
You are correct that you shouldn't open but with that much humidity a one second crack shouldn't dry membranes.

Yes! it would be a dream come true to take all these 12-13 chicks, how ever many hatch all through they are adults. Need prayers please.

i need to ask a question here please... i have this chick, the photo of whom, i am posting right now, please can you confirm if this is a golden laced cochin chick?
what breed.jpg

Back
Top Bottom