FREE 3 month old cream Brabanter cockerels - MA

keesmom

Free Ranging
12 Years
Jul 28, 2008
MA
I have four 3 month old Brabanter cockerels available, free to a good home. They are cute birds. I would love to have kept a trio of them, but managed to hatch all boys.

-Cindy in MA

Quote:
I don't suppose you ever travel towards TN? Out of the whole batch of brabanters I raised this year, I was only really happy with one of them -- and of course he died! I'd love to have a few extra to choose from. Sigh!

Do you have closeup photos of your boys?

I have a few more. It's not easy getting a picture of a moving target though. Unfortunately I don't get to TN much. Furthest I ever get is ME. I have a couple of boxes left after birds were shipped to me, or I could order a new one if you thought one or more (or all
smile.png
)of these guys would help you out.

I hatched 8 chicks total. Of those 5 were cream and 3 were gold (parents were cream). I don't know if this is always true but I found the golds had more impressive crests than the creams. I have a picture of them but they went to their new home yesterday. I'm not sure if it's because the creams mature more slowly, or they're just going to have smaller do's. The golds were larger, had saddle feathers already and the darker hackle feathering too. So maybe the 2 that have small crests will improve, not sure on that.

Here are pictures of two I have left that I think have the better crests.

13729_brab4.jpg

13729_brab1.jpg

And all 4 together.

13729_brab3.jpg

And one performing their favorite activity.

13729_brab2.jpg

And here's 2 of the golds so you can compare (they're gone though).

13729_bb2.jpg

-Cindy

Last edited:
Thanks for the pics!

Those creams actually have better crests, in terms of the breed standard, than the golds do. In brabanters, the crest should be upright and tip FORWARD -- not sweep backwards as in Polish.

I don't think I want to pay for shipping on those, but if you ever come this way let me know!

Only the one gold had a crest that swept backward. I don't know much about the breed standard, I just hatched some because they're fun birds.

Shipping unfortunately is a killer - I assume it would be $60 to send them.

Guess I'll have to take them to auction. Hopefully someone will be looking for some different looking roos.

-Cindy

These are standard sized birds, not bantams. Thanks for the info though.

-Cindy

Oh ahah im sure that doesnt matter. Ive seen standerds their... You probably just have to bring your own cage. They have a swap/ sell section and it can can be anything chicken breeds (;

Back
Top Bottom