Free chick from McMurray

i just found out, well im guessing that my free "rare" barred rock chick from murray mcmurray is probably a rooster.. so i have to get rid of him when he gets older.
hit.gif

Haven't posted in a long time, but I've got chick fever here in this ice in Tn. My flock of 41 ships TODAY. Invoice says 2 free exotic chicks. Does that mean after you spend a set amount they add more freebies? I did the meat/egg combo, so I know I'll have 15 Cornish meat birds coming, 10 heavy layers of unknown variety yet, 3 Minorca's, 4 Brahma's, 2 Salmon Faverolles, 4 Polish pullets, and a Polish Roo. It's cold in Iowa right now and here in Tn. Wondering if there will be more than 2 "freebies" for warmth. I am so eggcited! it feels like Christmas! They are getting added to a layer flock of 5 pullets and a roo, plus 9 I bought on a facebook swap site Sat.

Don't y'all think figuring out just who has arrived is part of the fun? I sure do.

Last edited:
i ordered from mcmurray, i ordered 12 chicks, and my free chick is a barred rock, not RARE but its better then nothing!
Are you certain it is a rock? They have Dominiques and smooth legged Cuckoo Marans they consider 'rare' and they look an awful lot like Barred Rocks as chickies.

I have to agree with SpringPeeper-It may not be a barred rock.

TnMama-I can relate to your 'eggcitment'! Our delivery is scheduled for next week!! I love trying to figure out what breeds the chicks are! It is so much fun. Be sure to post pics of your babies!! I know we all love seeing them! Hope your delivery arrives safe and sound with minimal stress and chick loss!!

Are you certain it is a rock? They have Dominiques and smooth legged Cuckoo Marans they consider 'rare' and they look an awful lot like Barred Rocks as chickies.

I have to agree with SpringPeeper-It may not be a barred rock.

TnMama-I can relate to your 'eggcitment'! Our delivery is scheduled for next week!!  I love trying to figure out what breeds the chicks are!  It is so much fun.  Be sure to post pics of your babies!! I know we all love seeing them!  Hope your delivery arrives safe and sound with minimal stress and chick loss!!
I was thinking the same thing. I posted it on the other McMurray page about mystery chicks.

well all i know do far is it has a single comb, its cleaned legged, and its is started to get the barred pattern... so im guessing barred...and the legs are pinkish/yellow

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom