FREE EGGS -Winners on pg 5

I would like to get them for someone I meet here on BYC. Lisa has become my best phone friend. Though we live in the same state, we haven't managed to work out to meet. She has kept me sane and we have so much in common. It is nice to speak to someone with kids, livestock, milking, etc etc that I don't have to explain everything to and she understands I can't run here or there because of farm chores. Everyone else I talk to and work with are city people and just don't understand the fascination I have with my chickens.
She donates goat's milk and colostrum (SP?) and eggs to those in need.
She has RIR and mixed chickens and wants to get some small purebreeds for her youngest to be involved (she has 6 children and is a stay at home mom that home schools- needless to say, like the rest of us a little help would be nice).

I really want to hatch these out and surprise her with them. I will have to make sure we get to meet up when they are just hatched and can't imagine a nicer way to start a visit.

After sleeping on this whole thing we decided we wanted to nominate ROOSTY also. It must have broken her heart to find her eggs were ruined... We know that broken hearted feeling pretty well lately.

Anyway we nominate ROOSTY...

Michael and Nan

I would like to nominate my 7 yr old daughter. She is the biggest chicken nut I know.
lol.png
She has been in "chicken business" for 1 year now. Last year we had a stray dog rip the coop open (literally ripped through the wood siding) and kill each and every chicken. We have since modified the coop to prevent such an attack from happening again (and the owner go rid of the dogs) She bought new chicks this spring with $$ given to her by the dog owner. Once her new chickens start laying she will sell the extra eggs and use the money to buy her own feed & supplies. She has BIG plans for her business. One of her projects is creating some Olive Eggers, as well as selling chicks, started pullets, and fertile eggs. (she told me she will be "so big" she will need a website.
lol.png
)Recently we built a homemade bator so she could hatch her own eggs. We have been done a few "dry runs" and it is working like a champ. She would be OVER THE MOON to finally hatch out some eggs. Not to mention cochins are her favorite breed!
Hubby and I are both volunteer firefighters, does that give us extra brownie points??
tongue.png

Last edited:
I want to nominate bigmike&nan - they NEED them! I chimed in giving advice on their broody hen - they only had 1 pair of chickens who they've spoiled rotton
big_smile.png
Two little banty Cochins. Their roo died unexpectedly on Good Friday and they were heartbroken. Their hen had just gone broody and they let her sit on the last of the eggs she had laid. It seemed like such a perfect solution to the heartbreak, but that was a month ago and it doesn't look like those eggs are going to hatch
sad.png
I don't want to think what that poor little hen is going to feel when she comes out of her broody trance with no chicks to mother and no mate anymore.
sad.png
She may keep sitting if you get more eggs under her!

I don't need to get them for free. Thanks for working out a trade so Lisa will still get her surprise and someone else will get these and be so excited. Thanks for considering us though.

Quote:
Thanks for the kind words on our behalf... Alice did come down and spent about 1/2 hour free ranging. But then she went back up to her eggs. I don't have the heart to take the eggs away from her. I figure she'll give them up sometime soon tho. Next week when we have the money we're gonna get an incubator and we bought a dozen bantam asst. frizzle cochin eggs this morning on EggBid...

I much appreciate the spirit of giving I saw in this thread AND the selflessness of the folks here, nominating total strangers to get these beautiful gifts. Baby chicks are so sweet to raise...

Michael (and Nan)

Last edited:
I just wanted to say how nice and thoughtful everyone on this forum are to each other. I have been on a couple other forums (didn't go back due to people were so nasty to each other) but this one takes the cake with being respectful and very helpful to others!! This is the best group of people I have ever met online!
smile.png

I'd like to nominate myself please. I would really love to have these eggs to bring some sunshine into my life right now. You see, this morning when I came to work I received a phone call from my niece in Vermont telling me that my brother-in-law had a heart attack and died.
hit.gif
I then had the wonderful displeasure of having to call my husband and tell him his 44 yr old brother had died. Ugh! Plus, my daughter's had a stomach bug for several days now & can't seem to shake it.

Then, to top it off, my friend's house is burning to the ground as we speak due to a lightening strike! Not to mention that their unwed daughter that lives with them is due to have her baby any day & now everything they owned including all the stuff for the baby is burned totally - nothing left.
sad.png
When it rains it pours I suppose. I'd really love these eggs to cheer our family up. Who ever receives these eggs won't be disappointed since the pictures of the chickens are oh sooo pretty. Congrats to whomever wins!
thumbsup.gif

i would love to have some eggs. I have never recieved eggs.

My 5 kids would love to help hatch some beautiful little chicks!!! Bantam Cochins are my ds (8) FAVORITE!!!!

your chickens are beautiful

please pick us!!

thanks

-rebecca-

Back
Top Bottom