Free Mulch is the Best Mulch

VioletsMom73

Songster
May 9, 2020
Sherrills Ford, NC
So its been a rainy June so far, and my chickens of course have killed the grass in their run as expected. This led to some stinky mud of course, despite my best efforts. So I knew I needed a lot of mulch so I started looking online to see what I could find at a discount. I stumbled across www.getchipdrop.com last night, which pairs homeowners with arborists that will bring you their daily haul of chipped trees for FREE. You can pay a $20 donation, which I didn't this time around, because they tell you it can be anywhere from a few hours to weeks. So I signed up around 10pm last night, and got an email that I would have a delivery within 48 hours at 10am this morning, and 5 minutes later, I was moving my car so they could drop it! I got an entire truck load! They also offered to bring me back some stumps when they can for the chickens to play with! They were so nice, and careful and dumped the load exactly where I wanted it! I will def pay the donation fee next time to help offset their cost for the service since they were so great. The mulch does have leaves in it, but those will break down quickly and the chicks are enjoying poking through everything. I also specified no cedar, and ended up with pine and another hardwood, oak I think. Overall, I am super pleased, and surprised I received the drop so fast. I am never paying for mulch again. No toxic chemicals for my yard! Side note, if you wanted this for a landscaping project, and wanted to, Lowe's sells mulch dye and you can fancy it up.

Attachments

• LpBaebAfRhecGJy4%1b++Q.jpg
    LpBaebAfRhecGJy4%1b++Q.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 80
  • 61419622955__A0FB19DB-C810-490B-AFBD-459F7432084A.JPG
    61419622955__A0FB19DB-C810-490B-AFBD-459F7432084A.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 56
I got 3 loads from chipdrop this spring - such an awesome service. It helps the tree guys too because they have to pay to dump them somewhere. I wish they'd bring me more!
They offered to bring me a second load today, but I have so much I decided not to take them up on it. Probably should have lol

Really nice pile, it should last you quite a while. x2 on layering it in thin layer especially while it's still green... ideally you want to age it out thoroughly before using but I had a mud issue to resolve as well so I couldn't wait too long before using (I think I held out 3 months).

@VioletsMom73
Where in this world are you located?
Climate, and time of year, is almost always a factor.
Please add your general geographical location to your profile.
It's easy to do, and then it's always there!
1592523775860.png

Back
Top Bottom