FREE Pallets....what to use them for?!

Quote:
5 bucks!!!! Sweeeeeet!! The new homeowner looks thrilled too
wink.png
Cute kid!

Quote:
Nice! Thanks! I have access to TONS of pallets.. and I want to build a small stable/barn for my minin cow and calf for when they get here in June.. so I am searching for all kinds of building ideas lol
I like how you used the shutters. Great job!

i saw a really cool coop that somebody made on here once......we take pallets from our feed store every once in a while to keep around the farm just in case some thing need s to be made or fixed, and yes if we get cought with out fire wood we do burn then ( we in south west kansas where wood is rare).

Last edited:
Quote:
I got mine at a country store that usually just burns them, because it isn't cost effective for him to sell them back to the pallet factory. I saved him a gallon of gasoline...lol so he was happy for me to haul them off
smile.png
Try grocery stores, big box stores etc. and ask first. Our Co-op sells them back to the trucking company that brings them in with merchandise. I asked and they said I could get them for $12 each!!! No thank you...lol! So I asked elsewhere and struck pallet gold
big_smile.png
He will save as many as I want indefinately as long as i get them before the pile gets too big. He gets around 5 every other week with shipments. So, 2-3 pallets per week ought to keep me busy!

Quote:
I asked my not-quite-mother-in-law and she said she paid about £70 for ours second hand. it's the "ark" type.

WOW! Ok folks..NOW I have been given a LOT of seasoned Oak lumber from a shed that needs to be torn down. Dang I might just start a reclamation buisness..lol! I know it will have to be drilled with pilot holes before using nails or screws etc. But...that stuff will last FOREVER! The shed I have to start on Monday is 8 foot tall and 8x15 with a tin roof. The boards are 1x8's I believe, just odd sized stuff. That's a lotta free wood! So nooowwww....I may go with a different design on this thingy
smile.png
Or, I may just build me a small barn with some of it. OR I may just wait a couple days and see what else I can stumble upon...cause the way it's going.... I could end up with a free house if I just dismantle it and haul it off...
big_smile.png
!

Back
Top Bottom