free ranging

I free range our birds on our 3 acre fenced yard. Until recently they stayed put until they figured out the gap in our fence at the top of the driveway. They are now escaping into our neighbors' yards. Is there anything that chickens won't walk on but a car can drive over, I want to stop them from walking out of our yard. I was thinking maybe plastic door matts, the cheep green ones that you wipe your shoes on, they look like fake plastic, spiky grass.
Any thoughts or suggestions?
Thank you!

before careful with free range .. especially for people raising chickens in their backyard in the city

they will get used to it pretty quick and they will be expecting to be let out at the same time each day

my chickens are pretty much free ranging around the backyard from dawn till dusk nowaday

the manure is all over the place.. no grass or garden plants are growing.. etc.. all because i let them out early one day (around 8AM) --so block of areas you don't want them to go into

we have 6ft wall around here so my chickens are staying within the yard..though they can fly over

Back
Top Bottom