FREE! Roosevelt, OrpX Cutie-Roo FREE! N. GA. mtns (pickup)

speckledhen

Intentional Solitude
Premium Feather Member
17 Years
Feb 3, 2007
Blue Ridge Mtns. of North Georgia
This very hefty seven-and-a-half week old cockerel is out of a Blue Orp rooster (Suede) over RIR/Buff Orp hen (Meg, who is out of exhibition size Buff Orp stock). Affectionately known as "Baby Huey", he is 1/3 larger than his pure Orp brother and is currently with his broody mama. She will be letting him go soon, but I want to wait till she does, which shouldn't take more than a week or two more, I'd think. That is the only catch here--you'd have to wait to pick him up when she is ready to get back to life in the flock. PIckup only, won't ship. I'm in Fannin County, GA, right at the NC line.
348_dcp_5497.jpg

348_dcp_5495.jpg

Last edited:
I got to see him and he's one of those that catches your eye immediately he's beautiful.All of Cynthia's birds are beautiful and he still caught my eye right away..that is after Levi
hugs.gif

I have seen him, too. If I had a place for another roo, he would have gone home with me- he is going to be one fantastic boy- SOMEONE GRAB HIM!

Thanks! I'm going to start incorporating him and his mama into Isaac's group of ladies, slowly, just in case she quits watching out for him and he has to be alone. Hopefully, someone would love to have him as a roving lawn ornament!

Today I let Nugget out with Roosevelt. Isaac asserted his dominance several times, reclaiming his missing woman while Roosevelt ran in circles, first running toward me, the next best thing to his mom. When I told Ike to run along and leave poor Nugget alone, I threw some scratch out. Nugget and Roosevelt ran around in the group, eating with everyone else. In fact, when the youngster was confronted by my Buff Brahma hen, he stood tall as he could eye to eye with her. He also held his ground with my older Buff Orp, Sunny, so could be that soon, he can go with his mama into that flock till someone claims him.

One observation: Nugget did not defend him against the adults, so though she isn't pushing him away, she is letting go.

Please, someone claim this handsome boy soon!

Back
Top Bottom