Free Rooster Rome GA area

Hen-Ry

Songster
5 Years
Apr 29, 2019
GA
Hi! I'm a new member on Backyard Chickens. I have 8 hens who just started laying brown eggs about 5 weeks ago. 2 RI Reds, 2 BP Rocks, 3 Buff Orps, 1 Black Jersey Giant, and 1 Barred Rock Rooster pictured in my Avatar.
I recently purchased 6 BP Rock Pullet chicks at my local Feed and Seed. They are about 3 weeks old.
I am retired, but the chickens keep me busy.
I live in the Rome GA area on 25 acres.
I would like to give my very beautiful Barred Rock Rooster free to a good home in this area. I don't plan to hatch chicks so he is not allowed in my hen flock. He is 6 months old and very healthy.
I look forward to interacting on the forum here. Feel free to post to my profile if you're interested in my "free rooster"!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    829.3 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
Welcome aboard! We hope you enjoy your stay!
If you're allowed a rooster where you live you can keep him with your flock if you enjoy him, you can still eat fertilized eggs... they don't turn into a developing chick until incubation (either under a broody or an incubator). Just collect eggs throughout the day on a daily basis and you'll be just fine!

Hello and welcome to BYC - it’s great that you have joined us. Please make yourself at home. Good luck with the re-homing.

This is a useful link of “How to” BYC guides to take a look at announcements-feedback-issues-guides.3. I’d suggest including your location using the guide in the link. You can use this link to contact members in your area - Find your State's thread.

Best wishes

Pork Pie

Back
Top Bottom