Free roosters in OHIO

GitaBooks

Crowing
6 Years
Jun 23, 2015
USA
Once again, in the process of getting more hens I've inevitably produced more roos as well. As much as I like them, and as handsome as they are, they are beginning to stress one another and fight, as well as over-breed the poor hens. It isn't safe for them anymore and I need to find them a new home. They can go together as meat birds or individual (or in pairs or trios) to be the main-man of a flock. All of them are healthy, none are necessarily tame but they do come for treats and have been around people their whole lives. Only one has shown aggression and that was as a little baby, so I'm hoping he's grown out of that (he protected his mother when he was just a couple weeks old, so cute).
Anyways, we live near Marysville, Ohio and are willing to drive half-way to meet up with people but only as long as the drive is under 2-hours.
Please let me know which one(s) you are interested in. Feel free to ask questions.
THANKS!

The chicken on the right is a rooster as well, named Enigma, a Dalmatian Bantam cross (OEGB, Silkie and Sebright) he is white with slight Paint pattern and light skin
IMG_2709.jpg

This handsome boy is Reeko (originally Reeka), he too is a Dalmatian Bantam cross (silkie, sebright and OEGB, possible Rosecomb). Hatched around January 16 of this year, he is a incredibly good looking boy with some red spangling on he wings, a creamy white body and dark blue/grey skin
IMG_3131.jpg

Celestial is Reeko's non-biological brother and obviously a silkie mix. He is a handsome partridge color with a red/purple comb and feathered feet. He is larger than your average bantam (you can tell by the bantam hen in the back for comparison) but not a standard
IMG_3229.jpg
IMG_3233.jpg

Now this is Bugaby, and he has a LOT of personality (must get it from the sebright in him). He also is a Dalmatian mix bantam and carries the crest and muffs to show the silkie side of things. Hatched January 29th of this year, he is mostly a pearl white with some black paint spots and greyish leg skin. As a chick he escaped his crate and was near death and had to be brought back with warmth. Since then he's always had some attitude (he's the one that would attack my hand to protect his mother at only a couple weeks of age).
IMG_3245.jpg

This here is Iota (originally Iola). Incredibly handsome blue and lemon mix with a gorgeous rose comb and dark skin, he loves the ladies and is fairly large for a bantam mix (the silkie side makes him larger). Hatched around August 1 of 2016, he is one of my more unique looking roos.
IMG_3322.jpg

Bugaby again
IMG_3503.jpg

StarFire is my only standard rooster available. He is a Buff Brahma mix (not sure with what) and has a gorgeous firey red body with green-sheen tail and hackle feathers. He is a good rooster and fathered plenty of chicks, but he isn't my top rooster and my top rooster has been arguing with him now that he is fully mature.
P1260375.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0230.jpg
    IMG_0230.jpg
    1,005.5 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_3504.jpg
    IMG_3504.jpg
    871.9 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
If you have too many roosters you could start a rooster flock (I started a thread called "Rooster Flocks" if you want more info).

If I lived in Ohio I would definitely get some! lol! Those are some pretty boys! :)

Thanks! While I don't think a Rooster Flock would be possible in my current situation, I love reading about chicken behavior so I'll have to check it out. : )

A little more info:
A rooster flock is a flock that only consists of roosters. The roosters' pen should be big enough so all the roosters have places to hide/run from other roos, and it should not be in sight of the hens.

Introduce new roosters when they are about 3 months old, and watch to make sure there are no major injuries. Sometimes there will be a bully rooster, or a rooster that is constantly bullied by the others, and that one probably needs to be separated.

I free range my rooster flock once a week, and during that day I keep the hens locked up... but I guess they don't need to be free ranged, but I think they like it.

I'm looking for a good rooster. Are you looking to sell these fine fellows, or are they free to a good home? Kord or StarFire would be a welcome addition to my flock of hens, they're mostly Isa Browns, couple Wyandotte's (not sure which would mix best).

I'm looking for a good rooster. Are you looking to sell these fine fellows, or are they free to a good home? Kord or StarFire would be a welcome addition to my flock of hens, they're mostly Isa Browns, couple Wyandotte's (not sure which would mix best).

Sounds like a nice flock. They're free to a good home and would make great flock roosters. StarFire is a standard so would better cover standard hens, though Kord is a beautiful little bantam. You can choose either one or, if you have over 10 hens, you could take both!

Sounds like a nice flock. They're free to a good home and would make great flock roosters. StarFire is a standard so would better cover standard hens, though Kord is a beautiful little bantam. You can choose either one or, if you have over 10 hens, you could take both!
If Kord is available we would like to give him a home. I live in Marion County; it's about 45 minutes north of Marysville. We can come down and pick him up, or meet you in the middle. I'd have to transport him in a carrier in my car if that's alright. I'll be available this weekend.

Wow! Thank you. Kord is one of my favorites, he's a nice bird. This weekend sounds good. Meeting in the middle will work. I'll Private Message you for the details. : )

Hello my name is Tony I live in southern ohio and am very interasted in starfire. I just recently sent my RIR roo to a friend for his hens and was hoping to get a Brahma boy for my girls .do you still have him avalible?

Hello my name is Tony I live in southern ohio and am very interasted in starfire. I just recently sent my RIR roo to a friend for his hens and was hoping to get a Brahma boy for my girls .do you still have him avalible?

Starfire is still available : )

Back
Top Bottom