Free Trees At Lowe's - (Any Updates? How are your trees growing?)

Quote:
Way to go!!!!
thumbsup.gif

Happy Earth Day!

I was at lowes today so I picked up my free seedling. It's a balsam Fir. This is south Carolina, where fir trees do not grow well, if at all. Wouldn't you think they would have picked a tree that was a little more appropriate for our area?? Just seemed kind of a waste to me, passing out all these trees that aren't going to survive anyway. Oh well....it was free!!

We got 8 of them..
I hope i dont kill them,... i have a black thumb...
its says to plant them in a container for a year, then replant them.
I hope they make it, so they can be a home for birds or some critters someday in my woods....
smile.png

Quote:
clap.gif
I wish I could have gotten there to get some.... too sick.
sad.png
I'm so glad you got some. So they let you have as many as you want??

I think some were just handing them out as fast as they could. The one I went to in El Paso was giving one to each person. It didn't matter if you were all in one family though, it was still one per person.

Quote:
clap.gif
I wish I could have gotten there to get some.... too sick.
sad.png
I'm so glad you got some. So they let you have as many as you want??

I think some were just handing them out as fast as they could. The one I went to in El Paso was giving one to each person. It didn't matter if you were all in one family though, it was still one per person.

Hubby asked the kid at lowes how many we can take, the kid said he didnt care....
hu.gif

So he took 8.. there was noone else around the table and they had lots.... so.. at least they'll be planted, instead of letting them go to waste...
I think folks saw they were just spruces,(and not expensive fruit or decorative trees
roll.png
...) and didnt want them or something...
Oh well,... they'll go in my woods.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom