French frogs

Thanks guys! I knew I could count on you!
Yes, it's cold outside and I have forced hot air heat, that dries everything out. Didn't you have a sponge in one of the rails, in your pic?

I'm so glad to hear I'm not the only struggling to get to 40. I will add more water to the other well. Are you running your sets at 40? Mine have been doing better a little higher then that.

I didn't even think about closing the vent hole. I noticed there are 4 holes in the bottom yellow part. Probably for water over flow but I thought they also may help with ventilation. By any chance, do you know if you can add a humidity pump to my model?
Tubing is a great idea! I'm just so surprised that the humidity isn't higher in there. I could probably add a sponge and then have the water drop on the sponge via the tube, right?
That's what the vent hole is for, raising and lowering humidity. The 4 holes in the corners are for ventilation, and water will spill out of the if you overfill the channels.
You can add the pump to the advance, but not the Eco. The pump needs the digital control of the advance.
Fill both channels until lockdown, you will be fine. I'm happy with anything from 37-40%

Ruby, one other thing, this last hatch of mine, I added food coloring to my water because through all the eggs, and through the basket, the wells were really hard for me to see the water level. Just a thought to keep in mind. Wouldn't be so bad with just a few eggs, but I had it stuffed!
That's a good idea. I put a straw through the vent hole and fill with a dropper. If I top off at lockdown, I usually have to add water again on day 21 or 22

Here's how the humidity pump brings the water in. You may have a hole there, but I guess the Advance is necessary to feed the water at the proper time, when the humidity reading gets to wherever you set it.
And I guess these are the pads you mean?

That's a good idea. I put a straw through the vent hole and fill with a dropper. If I top off at lockdown, I usually have to add water again on day 21 or 22

Just an idea, but maybe top off on day 19, before any external pips. That way you can get to 22.
Here's how the humidity pump brings the water in. You may have a hole there, but I guess the Advance is necessary to feed the water at the proper time, when the humidity reading gets to wherever you set it.

I don't know, look at the pic I posted. Did that blue thing come with yours or is that just something you use? Should I rig something like that up for lockdown? Are you guys wicking the paper towel under the black plastic basket or over the eggs? Like vw's pic?

Just an idea, but maybe top off on day 19, before any external pips. That way you can get to 22.

I don't know, look at the pic I posted. Did that blue thing come with yours or is that just something you use? Should I rig something like that up for lockdown? Are you guys wicking the paper towel under the black plastic basket or over the eggs? Like vw's pic?

I hatched in my Eco 20 for the first time last week. I put a paper towel under the black tray, pressed down into the water wells, and filled the wells as I would not be turning. Humidity was perfect for normal hatching, 69-70%.

The pic you posted looks like the things I laid the measuring tape on. The blue ones were in a separate bag with the card from the website I posted above. I think she ordered them extra.

Back
Top Bottom