French frogs

It was busy. Got to see my folks. My mom found a recorded conversation of my grandfather and grandmother from 1975! It was so bitter sweet! Made me miss them all over again!
sad.png

I have a recording on cassette from my Grandma on Thanksgiving Day circa 1974 somewhere...gotta find it and digitize it before I can't find a cassette deck any more.

Last edited:
It was busy. Got to see my folks. My mom found a recorded conversation of my grandfather and grandmother from 1975! It was so bitter sweet! Made me miss them all over again!
sad.png
Oh, how special! I know it was bitter sweet, but I hope that the sweetness grows and soon overshadows the sadness.

I have a recording on cassette from my Grandma on Thanksgiving Day circa 1974 somewhere...gotta find it and digitize it before I can't find a cassette deck any more.
Sad how true that last part is - funny, too, how much things have changed -- growing up we had a record player and even an 8-track player -- then came cassette players and then CDs......now even CD players seem to be "old technology" as everything is digital/download/stream..........

@DNDFarms 7 new AMs on the ground so far! I have not had time to update, but I have had time to watch AMs hatch.
thumbsup.gif
Awesome shipping and packaging.

Thanks!
Woo Hoo -- happy hatching!!!!

So we have had an injury :/ one of my 4 week old chicks has a fairly serious leg break. Not completely sure how it happened, maybe stepped on? Or got caught in the fencing? Regardless it is one of the faster growing crosses. Thinking I am going to design a sling from a sock (it will probably work for a week) with food and water access and let it grow a few more weeks and then process him early. :/

I feel better today.... I realized I'm tapering off them darn steroids too quickly and it was messing me up..... So I bumped then up.... Feel more normal now.
Hahahahaha......:lau

Glad you got that straightened out...

@DNDFarms
 7 new AMs on the ground so far! I have not had time to update, but I have had time to watch AMs hatch. :thumbsup  Awesome shipping and packaging.

Thanks!

Very nice!! :thumbsup

sideWing!  Great to see you!  Hope all is well in your world and congrats on the new AMs.  I'm dabbling in them too, now, thanks to Ravyn.

You need some from the pure Lav pen... much improved with them...

:barnie. That's it! Last time I tried to send you eggs the snake showed up and they were laying great. First you hold out the SDW and now you jinxed my little Silkies! :gig

Thought I was jinxing my own??? :gig

Didn't know you were a SDW fan...

So we have had an injury
hmm.png
one of my 4 week old chicks has a fairly serious leg break. Not completely sure how it happened, maybe stepped on? Or got caught in the fencing? Regardless it is one of the faster growing crosses. Thinking I am going to design a sling from a sock (it will probably work for a week) with food and water access and let it grow a few more weeks and then process him early.
hmm.png

Shank or thigh? If thigh, just process now as a heavy bird will have a real problem. If shank, polyfill batting, popsicle sticks, hockey tape and vet wrap will keep it mobile until processing time.

You need some from the pure Lav pen... much improved with them...

Let me grow out and process the boys and meaties then see if I can make space. I'd love to have some...

The plan is to rotate the old birds out, half in August when the littles start and the rest in spring, which means I should start more this summer for winter/early spring start. I hope that allows me to stop changing flocks every two years and simply cull as needed since I will be able to tell who is who.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom