French frogs

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by scflock, Nov 9, 2015.

1. LittleLakePhil

LittleLakePhil True BYC Addict

Sep 25, 2015
    Little lake Michigan
    Plus in my 51 years I've been shot at, survived a terminal illness, and had my heart nearly explode...I'm not sure why I'm still here...if your religious you could think maybe I'm here to stop something like that.....our maybe that's just the narcotics talking

2. dan26552

dan26552 Flock Master

Oct 28, 2014
    Waiting for epicness.
    My Coop
    x2

3. RubyNala97

RubyNala97 Overrun With Chickens

Apr 9, 2015
    Hudson Valley, NY
    There's no way I can keep up with this thread! I was just on yesterday and came on over 20 pages behind. :eek: Does everyone on here read every post or just come on when you have time? Should I abandon the "other" thread all together because everyone is here anyway? And I hate duplicating posts for each thread. :gig

Anyway, I got my first live birds in the mail today. It went super smooth and they all arrived safely. But I do feel like I got taken a little. I know it's hard to sex silkies young, but it looks like 2 boys and 1 girl. The girl is totally gorgeous and If she really is a girl then I would have paid the same $ just for her. The other 2 have leakage, and one has light eyes. The breeder said that since they were young she didn't want to say "show" quality but she felt more then comfortable saying better then breeder quality. Yeah, maybe on the one but not the other two. She stuck me with 2 boys she wouldn't of been able to sell! I don't even know if that's true. Just my gut feeling. I'm happy overall, though. It was another experience under my belt. And I'm looking forward to seeing them grow out.

Ravyn-how young can you sex your silkies?

4. WVduckchick

WVduckchick For the Birds!! Premium Member

Feb 9, 2015
    West Virginia
    My Coop

I don't picture you getting p*ssed off too easily.

5. RubyNala97

RubyNala97 Overrun With Chickens

Apr 9, 2015
    Hudson Valley, NY
    Dan...I wanted to ask you if you've ever tried growing orchids? They are super addicting and beautiful when they bloom! This is just my kitchen counter...
    [​IMG]

6. LittleLakePhil

LittleLakePhil True BYC Addict

Sep 25, 2015
    Little lake Michigan
    It's like a merry go round....jump on and off at will

7. Ravynscroft

Ravynscroft For the Love of Duck Premium Member

Nov 30, 2014
    Middle Tennessee

Glad they made it safe... sorry they aren't all that you want... but, it is still early... also, you *might* be over critical yet... SQ is a liquid thing... get some pics of each one... front, side, top, head shots... will take a look... if you want... you can pm those if you'd rather...

As to sexing, in mine I can tell by juvie molt... but that's my own stock... I know them well by now and the combs for each sex are very distinct...

8. Cockatrice6420

Cockatrice6420 Chillin' With My Peeps

Any way you look at it home grown or foreign extremists are targeting our government and citizens all over the world... ugh. I try to expand to my teens that humans haven't really evolved much over the centuries, just a few individuals do. SOSDD unfortunately.

9. you aint been around long enough BOTB is SCs trade mark farmboy is you gonna get when he get back

1 person likes this.
  10. And what about this one?

[​IMG][/quote]
    I hate monkeys... sorry just had to say it.[/QUOTE]

where did you get my baby picture that was pose to be sealed at adaption [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by