French frogs

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by scflock, Nov 9, 2015.

1. Ameraucanas

Ameraucanas Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2015
    Your quote is interesting.

2. RubyNala97

RubyNala97 Overrun With Chickens

Apr 9, 2015
    Hudson Valley, NY
    I found a good solution! I contacted a breeder close to me, the same time I made my post, and told him what was going on. I actually bought two of his silkies (in a different color) to replace these two specific ones I sold. He said he has no one in quarantine and will take both of them and give them a forever home! I know he's good with bio security too because we had to meet in a parking lot for the sale. He wouldn't come on my property or let me on his. So the previous owner is meeting me and I'm driving them to meet their new owner! Thank you guys for all the advice. I was so torn. Sounds like it will all work out.

3. FridayYet

FridayYet Innocent Bystander

Mar 3, 2011
    The Land of Enchantment
    Great solution Ruby!

4. scflock

scflock Overrun With Chickens

Jan 13, 2015
    Upstate South Carolina
    Great solution :thumbsup

5. scflock

Jan 13, 2015
    Upstate South Carolina
    I'm a narcissist, so I assume you are speaking to me. You will have to be a little more specific. Which quote?

6. WVduckchick

WVduckchick For the Birds!! Premium Member

Feb 9, 2015
    West Virginia
    My Coop
    Sounds excellent Ruby! [​IMG]

7. scflock

Jan 13, 2015
    Upstate South Carolina
    :oops:

8. WalnutHill

WalnutHill Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Mar 16, 2014
    SE Michigan
    It was on the buyers to build a quarantine pen and do gradual introductions. When people drop birds off here, which they do with amazing frequency, I let them know straight up that I will try to rehome them but that they won't be integrated into my flock because they would not survive. Now if they are exceptional birds, after quarantine I can introduce them to the turkeys, who are much better with accepting new chickens than chickens are, and if I have new turkeys to introduce, I introduce them to chickens. Once they are good in the cross-species group I can mingle them.

Suggest Craigslist.

It's against ordinance to raise poultry where I live. I had a very expensive 2 1/2 year long court battle to prove I had the right to do so. So people who bought a few chickens and kept them in their backyards then got caught with keeping them have a hard time rehoming them. I have buyers who pick them up and take them to auction or slaughter. They never have to leave my porch. I've also rescued a few turkeys, but only one has ever been worth the effort and expense.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2015
  9. WalnutHill

WalnutHill Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Mar 16, 2014
    SE Michigan
    We were at a fishing cottage in Texas and heard a knock on the door at breakfast time.

[​IMG]

He wanted breakfast!

10. scflock

Jan 13, 2015
    Upstate South Carolina
    :lau

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by