French frogs

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by scflock, Nov 9, 2015.

1. sideWing

sideWing Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2015
    Utah
    How cold does it get if you loose power? I had 2 chicks in the garage both under a week. Light went out one night and they died in 60 degree garage. [​IMG]

Congratulations SC! I hear there was a parade? Is that true?

I need to thin my cockerels. I'm going to endup with a trio of breeders in the end. I hope the eggs are dark. I should know by March or April.

That's a great idea Walnut!

How are they coming along WV? I had a pip this am on my weekly 3 staggered eggs.

2. Dan I think the tractor got a flat tire . you might should check it .big eared chicken there .

3. LittleLakePhil

LittleLakePhil True BYC Addict

Sep 25, 2015
    Little lake Michigan
    I can't go but I owe my cousin a call...we were close....we both got terminal cancers in our 30's at the same time.....we used to talk for hours on the phone....neither of us were supposed to be here now....she managed to out live both her parents.....that's how it's supposed to be though

4. Well I've been working to much Ruby you can pick up generators cheap some under four hundred dollars that are lightweight . four rules #1 away from the house and all fresh air vents including the heat and air vents #2 extra fuel with fuel stabilizer .# 3 start often or shut of fuel and run to stop .#4 Good extension cords .these will keep you and your children safe

Last edited: Dec 7, 2015
    1 person likes this.
  5. WVduckchick

WVduckchick For the Birds!! Premium Member

Feb 9, 2015
    West Virginia
    My Coop
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Parade starts on post 6679 [​IMG] (but Ravyn tied it all together on 6688)

My hatch is coming along <knock on wood> very well so far. No quitters, only 4 clear of 26 set, so 22 looking good for next week.

Sorry to hear you lost chicks. I would not have expected 60 degrees to kill them over night, was there any light at all? Mine flocked to a little nightlight and trampled each other. I don't believe it was the cold that got them. But with just 2 chicks, maybe they couldn't keep each other warm enough....

6. true doesn't always work like that though . always someone around here to talk to . almost all the time .

7. Akrnaf2

Akrnaf2 The educated Rhino Premium Member

Jul 5, 2014
    Center of Israel
    And what about me!???:mad:

[​IMG]

8. WalnutHill

WalnutHill Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Mar 16, 2014
    SE Michigan
    I've been down that road with quite a few relatives. It's tough, because for those of us who are whole and well, the idea of giving in is alien. But the best deathbed lesson I've ever received...family should fully support that decision and spend the remaining time being loving and supportive and providing a low stress environment.

9. scflock

scflock Overrun With Chickens

Jan 13, 2015
    Upstate South Carolina
    I'm the narcissist here :smack

10. you have to forgive us old guys we forget or just can't remember shouldn't you be in bed by now . we send our young'uns to bed early enjoy your holidays Benny I must go work [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by