French frogs

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by scflock, Nov 9, 2015.

1. RubyNala97

RubyNala97 Overrun With Chickens

Apr 9, 2015
    Hudson Valley, NY
    Sorry for the extra long quote...I had a lot to catch up on!

:goodpost: this is mostly my philosophy with assisting, any egg. How long do you wait to make a safety hole after internal pip?

I give you credit for doing it! I've only culled a chick. But with all these roosters, I know I'm going to have to put some down, eventually. I'll ask you for pointers!

:jumpy

They are just so perfect and adorable! Great job!!

X2!!

Are you planning on keeping the quail? Breeding them? My neighbors quail eggs that I tried to hatch were old but also filthy and extremely thin, brittle shells from poor nutrition, exactly like you said. Wouldn't be good breeders. Sorry you lost so many! :hugs

I want to see it so bad. Me and my 10 year old son have seen all of them except for the new one. Well I guess his dad and his girlfriend went to see it and he said that my son should absolutely not be allowed to see it. That it's far more violent then the previous ones and inappropriate for him to see. I call BS. I think he's just on a power trip. So what's your opinion compared to the previous ones??

Exactly!!

No, I hate it! I think the food is gross. My grandmother loves it! But she pretty much loves any restaurant.

2. dan26552

dan26552 Flock Master

Oct 28, 2014
    Waiting for epicness.
    My Coop
    [​IMG]

3. RubyNala97

Apr 9, 2015
    Hudson Valley, NY
    Looks great! Wish you lived closer. I would pay you to come build one for me!

Don't be offended by my comment! :gig
    Where are you living now?

4. mixedUPturk

mixedUPturk Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2015
    Zachary, LA

Awe! :hugs that might kill me. i can find you any good southern recipe you could ever want!! My favorite is stewed down steak and grits, Paw Paw did that to me... I can always find and mail Tony Chatere's or Zatarans if anyone wants it. I know lotsa bland yankee places dont carry it. I went to a pepper tent yesterday at that swap... It was Great! I bought powdered tabasco peppers :D

Xs 2 Nice SC!!

5. Ravynscroft

Ravynscroft For the Love of Duck Premium Member

Nov 30, 2014
    Middle Tennessee
    @RubyNala97 give at least 12hrs after internal pip for safe hole... safe holes are tiny, size of a pin hole... so it gets air, but doesn't dry out inner membrane when you have to check on them...

6. RubyNala97

Apr 9, 2015
    Hudson Valley, NY
    12 hours, Good to know! I've done them with chickens. I take a small screw and just break the point through for a tiny hole. Do you wait 24 hours with chicken eggs?

7. mixedUPturk

May 28, 2015
    Zachary, LA
    @RubyNala97

Thanks for the condolences! Im really okay not terribly Sad about the loss but theres still a tinge of anger that yesterday didnt completely solve.

I want to keep some, but you know me... If an oppurtunity to sell arises? Ill jus get more eggs ;) im sorry your neighbors are unbreedable, but you know if i get Any eggs that you want, you better hit me up! Even though i dont really want silkies, im positive we can work something out.

8. Ravynscroft

Ravynscroft For the Love of Duck Premium Member

Nov 30, 2014
    Middle Tennessee

I don't assist those... best to look up Sally's article for that... I only assisted shipped eggs and those are really a case by case deal...

Sorry about all that, Turk... meant to comment last night but things were a bit wonky... :/

You handled yourself much better than I would have at running into that person in public... :gig

10. mixedUPturk

May 28, 2015
    Zachary, LA

Its okay! I know i couldnt get refreshs very well either and i know your mobile too. Lagging now too. I mean i couldve come sideways at her but u could tell she was intimidated already, she doesnt want problems, i dont Like drama, and so i jus left "ghetto convict" in her box ;)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by