French frogs

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by scflock, Nov 9, 2015.

1. Ravynscroft

Ravynscroft For the Love of Duck Premium Member

Nov 30, 2014
    Middle Tennessee

There is a LOT said here that shouldn't be said on BYC or probably at all... lots of joking and kidding around, but you'll need a thick skin or a broad sense of humor for this thread, just an fyi... :D ;)

:fl :fl :fl

2. Ravynscroft

Ravynscroft For the Love of Duck Premium Member

Nov 30, 2014
    Middle Tennessee
    My OH devastates crab... if him and SC ever hit an all you can eat buffet together it would be a ELE... :lau

3. WVduckchick

WVduckchick For the Birds!! Premium Member

Feb 9, 2015
    West Virginia
    My Coop

That sounds alot like us. Not a whole lot of fresh seafood in West Virginia :D growing up Italian, we always did octopus and squid, especially at Christmas. Yum!
    Before I moved a few years ago, we had a couple of good seafood markets that brought it in fresh. One had a restaurant attached, and we ate there fairly often. Just haven't found a similar place where I live now.
    Not to mention my first husband shared my love of seafood. The current one is more a meat and potatoes guy :D

Thank ya!

4. kwhites634

kwhites634 Slow hands & an easy touch Premium Member

I might be able to live on nothing but steamed jumbo shrimp [​IMG]

5. Cynthia12

Cynthia12 Always Grateful Premium Member

Apr 11, 2010
    Utah
    Butterfly shrimp! King Crab legs!! Oh yeah!

6. Tumbling K

Tumbling K Overrun With Chickens

Oct 5, 2015
    Texas
    fried shrimp and oysters with home made tartar sauce
    with stuffed flounder
    big wedge french fries with peppered catsup
    cole slaw!

Last edited: Dec 13, 2015
  7. Cynthia12

Cynthia12 Always Grateful Premium Member

Apr 11, 2010
    Utah
    Oysters!

Cole slaw, now, we do enjoy coleslaw here.

Meat and potatoes, a biggy here, and, those that hunt, game meat. I like it a lot. Used to hunt. And fish.

Just posted this on Sally's home thread as she calls it...

Lake Powell back in the day! Nice big bass

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 13, 2015
    2 people like this.
  8. kwhites634

kwhites634 Slow hands & an easy touch Premium Member

I'd starve if I had to eat whole crabs constantly...can't pick 'em worth a hoot! Never could.

9. FridayYet

FridayYet Innocent Bystander

Mar 3, 2011
    The Land of Enchantment
    My parents lived in Utah for several years. People were nice and friendly, gorgeous scenery, but there is NO good Mexican food in the whole state! [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  10. OrganicFarmWife

OrganicFarmWife Overrun With Chickens

Oct 21, 2015
    No where Nebraska
    So I have a wheezing chicken. I searched BYC and found a couple good threads. I checked her throat, as well as I could, looked clear, as did her nostrils. I seperated her, put her in my "broader room" with easy access to food and water and a heat lamp that she can easily get away from.
    So the two possiblities sounds like: moldy dust (she got herself trapped in my old grain room, I think she was unable to get enough room to fly out but while trying stirred up the old floor. OR she caught a respiratory infection, and became weak and fell into that room.
    It is unlikely that I am going to be able to buy any antibiotics due to weather for several days. Anything else I could do for her? Of course she is one of my layers hens and not my meat birds I do not particularly care for....

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by