French frogs

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by scflock, Nov 9, 2015.

1. sideWing

sideWing Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2015
    Utah
    Eula, my Foley girl was getting bald spots on both sides above her hips so I had to put more girls in with them. I never see him breed, but apparently Rooster Cogburn is a gentlemen in the streets and a freak in the sheets. I put my 4 lavender Wyandotte project birds in with them. It's been producing black Wyandottes split for lav.

1 person likes this.
  2. sideWing

Apr 9, 2015
    Utah
    I found it!

Those ducklings are to die for. 7 out of 7 lav orps!? Lav orp chicks are super cute too. Where are you going to brood?

3. scflock

scflock Overrun With Chickens

Jan 13, 2015
    Upstate South Carolina
    Ok, able to breathe for the first time in days, so I'm going to get caught up a little, and have a brief serious moment...

I never was afraid of Friday, but it did start from the posts out of nowhere. I'm not saying I will stop [​IMG] ing, but there is a time and place. I get too carried away sometimes.
    Truth be told, she is one of 3 members of this thread that I have the most respect for. The other two are Amy P and Walnut. They've been around through all of the ups and downs of the original group, but generally stay out of the fray and only post when they have something to say. I look at this thread like a TV show, and everyone is a character. Those are the characters that don't speak much, but are a huge reason I enjoy BYC as much as I do.
    Really, as much [​IMG] ing as I do, it was a show of respect to always [​IMG] from Friday

Um.... sure [​IMG]

Ok, putting the soap box away. Carry on
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  4. WVduckchick

WVduckchick For the Birds!! Premium Member

Feb 9, 2015
    West Virginia
    My Coop
    I won't be brooding them. I actually hatched these for another member that lives near me. I've already delivered the chicks to her, and she'll get the ducks this weekend.

5. sideWing

Apr 9, 2015
    Utah
    [​IMG].............. ok, so I'm not always around.

That sounds like a wonderful way to hatch in the winter. My garage is going to get interesting by the end of Feb.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2015
  6. WVduckchick

Feb 9, 2015
    West Virginia
    My Coop
    [​IMG]

7. scflock

Jan 13, 2015
    Upstate South Carolina
    Sounds like you need to build a Frankenhatcher [​IMG]

Yeah, one girl would have it rough. I've only got 4 hens/ AM rooster, so I'm hoping to get 2-4 more per pen by the spring. I know you will be glad when you get a pen full of those Foley birds.
    I don't know what you've read and what you haven't, so here's my setup on the AMs.
    I put the splash cockerel with 3 blacks and the darkest blue. I'm hoping the black hens will produce some dark blues by the splash, and the blue is in there to try and throw the darkest splash. He's really colored well, and I hope to be able to reproduce that.
    I put the black cockerel in a pen with 3 lighter blues and a splash. Again, I'm trying to darken the blues and get some more blacks for myself and to sell

1 person likes this.
  8. scflock

Jan 13, 2015
    Upstate South Carolina
    Everyone knows we are brothas

[​IMG]

9. sideWing

Apr 9, 2015
    Utah
    [​IMG]

10. WVduckchick

Feb 9, 2015
    West Virginia
    My Coop
    Yep, worked out great for me! I got my hatching fix...

And [​IMG] excellent smack. I would have done it too, but I already knew I wasn't near the top of that list. [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by