Fresh Bread - can you smell it??

pbjmaker

Crowing
11 Years
May 9, 2008
Central Iowa
I am currently baking my very first loaf of bread (not counting banana/pumpkin types)

It smells nummy - especially since it is very cold here in Iowa.

I'll let you know how it turns out. I got the recipe out of Morther Earth News. Looked simple enough...

For Sure, share the receipe if it turns out good.

I love fresh baked bread and love it even more with baked brie and roasted garlic!
droolin.gif

It still smells good but it looks suspicious. Not sure I made it right...

I will let it cool down and then try eating it.

Quote:
You fool, you fool! You are in terrible danger! Get away from that bread or you will be at risk of developing a dependency that will have you periodically slaving in the kitchen for the rest of your life!

Though there are worse things to spend your time on.
cool.png

Well apparently it tasted just fine because there is none left. The crust was a bit harder than I would like but the inside was tasty.

I talked to my husbands cousin last night and apparently his wife grinds the wheat into flour and then makes all their bread. Now there is a slave to the kitchen...

HHAHHAHAAHAHA! I am a recent slave to the bread monster! Gonna start my 2x a week labor of love very soon!!No store bougth bread here in 4 months! mmmmmm
A.T. Hagan :

Quote:
You fool, you fool! You are in terrible danger! Get away from that bread or you will be at risk of developing a dependency that will have you periodically slaving in the kitchen for the rest of your life!

Though there are worse things to spend your time on.
cool.png

Quote:
Which is exactly what I do so I know whereof I speak!
tongue.png

Years ago my kids would complain when I made them eat home made bread. Now in those rare instances that we happen to run out of homemade bread and have to buy a loaf from the store they complain when they have to eat it!

NOTHING smells more like home than the aroma of baking bread filling the house. It's what my kids smell most Sunday evenings as they are going to bed. Making memories. I sure cuss having to make that bread sometimes when I've got eleventy one other things I also need to get done but I wouldn't trade it for anything.

Mine too! But they'll thank me for it later! And I'm gettin pretty darn good at it now if i do say so myself!! Any tips for higher loafs? I make whole wheat, and use vital wheat gluten, I want a light fluffy loaf, ya know the little things in life!haha
A.T. Hagan :

Quote:
Which is exactly what I do so I know whereof I speak!
tongue.png

Years ago my kids would complain when I made them eat home made bread. Now in those rare instances that we happen to run out of homemade bread and have to buy a loaf from the store they complain when they have to eat it!

NOTHING smells more like home than the aroma of baking bread filling the house. It's what my kids smell most Sunday evenings as they are going to bed. Making memories. I sure cuss having to make that bread sometimes when I've got eleventy one other things I also need to get done but I wouldn't trade it for anything.​

Back
Top Bottom