I saw Jaynas NN, and it was beautiful!

Quote:
lol.png
No wonder you weren't sure it was me!
wink.png

Yeah, those are Angi's chicks.

I saw Jaynas NN, and it was beautiful!

lau.gif
Definitely! It was just by chance that I saw you too, my legs were so sore I wanted to just go sit in the trailer for the rest of the day,lol. Good Luck with those chicks! Did you aim for cockerals or pullets?? Her pullet has some real pretty colors on her. I usually get black ones, so I was amazed!

Hi there, Weewanona!!! So, you used to live in these parts? Very small world indeed!!!

Yes, Jordan, your NN was actually pretty!!! I have to admit that the ones in the show creeped me out, though!

It was so nice to meet everyone! There were some gorgeous birds at the show! I came away with the Cuckoo Marans pullets that I talked to Angi about (didn't know who she was, so as I was eating lunch with the CA chickens people I called her on my cell phone. There was a lady sitting a few feet from me and, low and behold, her cell phone started to ring! Now I know who Angli is!!! LOL). I also picked up the 2 Welsummer girls I had ordered from Debi - they are gorgeous and I can't wait to get some eggs!!!

Lori

Quote:
I checked out the site and it does look like its more about house birds but thanks anyway. Do you live here in Fresno county? If so do you ever have any poultry for sale? Oh and what kind?

Thanks,

Freddy

Welcome to BYC Freddy!
Nah, I live in Fresno county, but all I got now is two cockerels, not too good at laying eggs.
I know of a nice person in Madera that has silkies here, and there is another cool site in Clovis selling some more silkies and has Delaware eggs called Feather Acres.
There is also a feed store the has BO, EE, Leghorn, SLW, and others from Belt Hatchery on Clovis Ave just north of 4rth Street (Bullard) that I can recommend.
I just got some Cuckoo Marans chicks from Angi H, she had a craiglist ad.

My sis and I missed meeting you all on Saturday. I had the printed pics of those who posted pics, but only saw one person. I would have approached her to say "Hey" but we got shooed away because we were in the aisle where judging was happening. So, I thought it best not to bother her.

Anyway, I wish I had thought to ask about poultry show etiquette ahead of time. Maybe it was obvious that we were chicken-less interlopers. We used our best party manners, but alas, it was clear that we had no idea how to behave there.
sad.png

Anyway, the birds were beautiful, the temperature in the building was cold and I resisted the temptation to buy anything but a book. And I only touched one chicken briefly on the tail feathers (I had to know if a silkie was as soft as it looked -- and yes, it was).

I hope you all had a fine day.

Anna, aka tremayne

Quote:
You should have said Hi. I was clerking, and no matter who you are, you are not supposed to be in the aisles while the birds are being judged, sorry. I was nice about it, and you should have said hi. Behavior was not the issue. I had to "shoo" the best of aoccl breeder out of the aisle, too.

Sorry if you took it offensively. There were plenty of people at the show for their first time.

Back
Top Bottom