Friday the 13th Hatch a Long

All five of mine hatched overnight. I didn't want to remove their heat source for long (momma) but I did lift her off too remove the egg shells and snapped a quick pic before I put her back on them.

No pips as of 10:00 this morning. I came home four hours later and one of the green eggs fully hatched and there's a little black chick running around! I didn't see any other pips yet!

Updates? I had two more pip at 9pm and as of 8am, one is fully hatched and the other is half out just sitting there observing. I thought the first one was black, but when he dried off he was more brownish yellow. He also seemed really big for a hatchling, but then again the last few hatches have been quail so he should seem really large compared to them lol. I'll try and get pics later today after work. happy hatching!

Anyone not have anything yet
1f614.png

I did candle while my girls took a quick drink and food break.
6 chicks were moving internally when candled. 4 looked okay but a tad cooler than the others. 2 looked way under developed. I threw those out.

Is there any hope? Wait a few more days? I bought bantam chicks to shove under my girls, but one silkie has the worst dirty butt feathers and I want to remove her wash her up and the dry her before the eggs hatch or I put chicks under.
Help!!

Anyone not have anything yet
1f614.png

I did candle while my girls took a quick drink and food break.
6 chicks were moving internally when candled. 4 looked okay but a tad cooler than the others. 2 looked way under developed. I threw those out.

Is there any hope? Wait a few more days? I bought bantam chicks to shove under my girls, but one silkie has the worst dirty butt feathers and I want to remove her wash her up and the dry her before the eggs hatch or I put chicks under.
Help!!

I have only had 4/36 hatch so far... I candled a couple and saw movement so I'm hoping they're just fashionably late. I read that 22-23 days to hatch is not uncommon so hopefully they will hatch. Good luck

if they have been on the cool side they will take a bit longer to hatch. don't give up yet!
love.gif

Back
Top Bottom