Friday the 13th Hatch a Long

I am hoping they are just late! One of my silkie hens keeps stealing her sister's fresh eggs and I don't think she is fully committed to her broodiness since I found her shoving the foster eggs under her sister to make room for the fresh eggs.

I still have chicks pipping...
barnie.gif

On Friday, 6 chicks hatched, and on Saturday 2 more hatched.
jumpy.gif

Only one didn't make it, though it was fully formed.
I'd say 8 chicks out of the 9 eggs that went into lockdown is pretty good!
Sometime I'll share photos, once I get the photos downloaded.

1 Friday, 5 Saturday, 6 Sunday, 5 this morning, and 2 more pipped. The second one that hatched has leg issues and I really tried to fix it but I don't think he'll pull through. It's odd though the ones that hatched outta brown eggs kept the br sex linkage

Put my narrigansett eggs on lockdown. When did a quick candle on looked like it trying to pip. And 1 of the 8 welsummer / barred rock cross egss has already had an external pip. So finger crossed will have chicks before long.

1 chick egg that was pipped hatched. I had another set that I thought would hatch mon. And there were 5 chicks hatched out already. 1 of those is out of shell but a large piece of shell is stuck on its posterior and yolk sac is not fully absorbed he's getting around but I haven't had much luck with those chicks.

Hope he makes it. But we'll see.

Yep. Total of 7 chicks. And 3 poults so far. 4th is pipped. Has been for over 24 hours. Went to assist and think I didn't give enough time. Its still alive and back in bator. Time will tell.

So am happy with three I have.

Back
Top Bottom