friendliest breed of duck?

Ashleyy_x3

Songster
10 Years
Mar 2, 2009
Maine
Alright, so i'm interested in purchasing some duck eggs. I'm set up to have some call ducks mailed out to me on monday... but i've also got my eye on some pekin/rouen/mallard eggs..
whats the friendliest, best pet duck
hu.gif

I know a lot of people say pekin are the friendliest. then rouen are a close 2nd.. are call ducks friendly? i like them because of their size. but i've heard that their pretty skiddish?
whats your oppinion?
smile.png

in my experience mallards are friendly, years ago when we had them my daughter clamed a drake and named him Fred, he was hatched from our eggs and was like a lap dog, he would eat from your hand and if he was bored at the pond he would come to the house for loving, he was cool!

My muscovy would eat from my hand. I have a duck that might be a call duck mix, pretty friendly. Pekins are friendly as well, just way too common for me, lol. I like something different. My khaki's were friendly.

yeah. i hear moscovies are VERY freindly. but, their appearence kind of scares me
hmm.png
haha their not all that cute

My friendliest ducks are calls. The rouens would rather keep to themselves. This is especially true if they are worked with - our 4-H birds get along great with people.

your runners are indoor ducks? haha i usually would picture small breeds like calls maybe being indoor. thats cute though. do they wear ducky diapers?

hey i have a pekin duck and shes the best pet. very very loyal. i love her i saved her as a day old from a duck farm where she would be sold for meat. it is the best pet i've ever had

yeah ive heard pekins can be just like having a dog.
smile.png
i'm really starting to think about getting some pekin eggs to hatch now hahah
the only thing i dont like about them is their large size. but i guess their not THAT big..

Back
Top Bottom