friendliest breed of duck?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Ashleyy_x3, Mar 13, 2009.

1. Ashleyy_x3

Ashleyy_x3 Songster

Mar 2, 2009
    Maine
    those pics of them when they were babies are sooo cute!!
    and your set-up you have in your basement is kind of like what i've had in mind for in basement! [​IMG]
    but yeah. now you've got me all excited for my silkie eggs and for (probably now thanks to you) pekin eggs [​IMG] hahah although i might end up with more than 1 of each... although i would love to have only one of each haha. but where i get my eggs shipped its hard to be sure how many will hatch. so i have to order more to increase hatch rate.. but yeah. i have a dozen white silkie eggs that i should be at the post office tomorrow(ill probably be lucky if even one hatches, where they were shipped all the way from alaska haha but i couldnt resist! her white silkies were so gorgeous!) . anddd 6 call eggs being shipped out monday. and now probably a few pekin eggs being shipped out monday also [​IMG] hahah

2. nettie

nettie Enslaved by Indoor Ducks

Nov 20, 2008
    Chicago, IL
    Quote:They wear them for about 4 or 5 hours a day. They have a special indoors pen wear they don't have to be diapered.

3. Ashleyy_x3

Ashleyy_x3 Songster

Mar 2, 2009
    Maine
    ohh ok. neat!
    trying to get some ideas for what to do when i hatch some ducklings [​IMG] i really want a couple to be indoor ducks. just not completely sure on how to do that haha

4. Emzyyy

Emzyyy Runs with Deer

Jul 14, 2008
    Derby Kansas
    I had a Khaki Campbell for a verrrry long time and he would walk on a leash and walk up the stairs into our house and sit in your lap.

5. Ashleyy_x3

Ashleyy_x3 Songster

Mar 2, 2009
    Maine
    hahah a leash trained duck? nicee! that would be a sight to see. someone walking a duck down the street [​IMG]

6. Emzyyy

Emzyyy Runs with Deer

Jul 14, 2008
    Derby Kansas
    LOL I miss him alot the neighbor's dogs got him last year I had him about 9 years, my grandma got him for me for easter even after my parents said no.

7. Ashleyy_x3

Ashleyy_x3 Songster

Mar 2, 2009
    Maine
    awww im sorry [​IMG] thats really tough. 9 years is a longg timee.. do you have any more ducks now? or was that it after him?

8. Emzyyy

Emzyyy Runs with Deer

Jul 14, 2008
    Derby Kansas
    Quote:None now my parents say their to messy when their little and in the garage in a brooder and they stink, I wish i could get more but I also have 18 chickens

9. nettie

Nov 20, 2008
    Chicago, IL
    Quote:Don't do ths unless you're ready to have children!!!! I promise. lol. My ducks are expensive, require extra chores, daily baths, and a lot of attention. I tell anyone considering keeping them indoors, do not do so unless you are ready to have 2 year old humans running around your house throwing tantrums!

Duckiewuckie likes this.
  10. nettie

Nov 20, 2008
    Chicago, IL
    Quote:ask and you shall receive!!!

Well, they aren't the best on leashes... lol

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: