friendliest breed of duck?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Ashleyy_x3, Mar 13, 2009.

1. Emzyyy

Emzyyy Runs with Deer

Jul 14, 2008
    Derby Kansas
    ohhh your runners areee so cute. [​IMG]

2. Ashleyy_x3

Ashleyy_x3 Songster

Mar 2, 2009
    Maine
    yeah i will probably only keep them indoors until their old enough to go outside.

and oh my gosh. i thinkk that might be the first time ive seen a duck on a leash, well, two ducks on a leash.. haha that is tooo cute/funny [​IMG]

3. stumble_n_mumble

stumble_n_mumble Songster

Nov 23, 2008
    Long Island, NY
    wow i really want runners. ive wanted them so bad for a while now... i think i must get one. where did you find those collars from?

4. nettie

nettie Enslaved by Indoor Ducks

Nov 20, 2008
    Chicago, IL
    those are their diaper harnesses. I sewed them myself! I used to buy them online, but i figured out that i could sew them myself for cheaper.

Duckiewuckie likes this.
  5. cici_p

cici_p Songster

Feb 27, 2009
    Enjoying this thread. I am wondering about the indoor silkie chicken, tho. Is she friendly as well???

6. chickensioux

chickensioux Songster

Feb 12, 2009
    Western North Carolina
    I have had a Pekin that was extremely friendly, I currently have two muscovies that are very sweet, they love to be held and beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Currently waiting call babies and I will spoil them rotten.

7. Ashleyy_x3

Ashleyy_x3 Songster

Mar 2, 2009
    Maine
    yeah i want a pekin sooo bad now. since ive heard about how wonderful they are [​IMG]
    i have 8 call duck eggs coming in the mail next week. so im VERY excited to hopefully hatch some calls! [​IMG]

8. stumble_n_mumble

stumble_n_mumble Songster

Nov 23, 2008
    Long Island, NY
    my silkie is the best chicken in the world ever. lol she runs to me and sits in my lap. she thinks im her daddy haha. but yeah just worked with them everyday and they are great now. they run along side me and when i leave they scream for me. i would not trade them for the world

9. MUSCVOIES ARE SOOO NICE [​IMG]

10. Ashleyy_x3

Ashleyy_x3 Songster

Mar 2, 2009
    Maine
    i hope my silkies and duckies (if they hatch haha) are like stumble and mumble! ill prob only keep one or two of each, so i can bond with them more like you did with yours! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: