Songster
11 Years
Mar 29, 2009
columbus ohio
I think I already know the answer to this one
26453_100_5285_00.jpg

26453_100_5287.jpg

26453_100_5286.jpg

I know its a frizzle bantam cochin but Is it a rooster? It is the sweetest baby ever and we cant have roosters in our area;(

I have had it for 8 weeks- the guy told me it was 6 weeks old when I got it but I think it was more like 2 weeks soooooo 10 weeks?

My little frizzle Cochin bantam was extremely small for ages I would of thought he was younger if I'd not been sure when I hatched him but I've only ever had 1 so I can't say whether its a breed trait.
I would go out on a limb and say its a pullet I'm not really sure why it just doesnt look as rooish as mine did at that age I could be very wrong but I really hope I'm not
fl.gif

Keep us posted I'd be interested to find out what others think also
smile.png

It was very very small. It took forever to feather in and still is not done. The other cochin bantam we have from the same batch that is not frizzled does not have any comb or wattles yet but was fully feathered when this one was still almost bald!

Quote:
How strange it sounds like it probably is a roo then but only time will tell I hate it when they keep you hanging on theres something to be said for early crowers

Yes- Hopefully if it is a roo it wont crow too much and I can keep him. It is so friendly and sits on my lap everyday
smile.png

I have two black Cochin frizzles, one roo and one hen. My hen has a big red kinda flopped over comb - you might have a hen. I will try to take a picture of Esmerelda tomorrow and post it, if that would help. Here is a picture of my roo, Freddy. He never got very big, but he is a terrific little guy.

58939_freddy.jpg

Back
Top Bottom